Omnivista Upgrade

Gae

Omnivista Upgrade

Post by Gae »

Hello all,
I will need the preocedure to upgrade Omnivista multiuser ver. 2.1 to a new version 3.3
Thank you in advance
benny

Re: Omnivista Upgrade

Post by benny »

From the release notes (you should have received this from your BP when you received OV):
3.5 Upgrade Procedures

You do not have to uninstall the old installation prior to installing the new package. You may upgrade your old installation of OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 by installing the new package over the old installation. Performing an upgrade installation will preserve user-specific data and configuration. In this way, you get the benefits of the new release and continue to use your existing data as before. For Windows and UNIX: The installation program will detect the old installation (3.0 or 3.1) and will offer to install it in your old installation directory. If you accept it, you will be able to use the data from your old system.

Note: It is recommended that before the upgrade, you stop the OmniVista server and back-up the data (e.g., "C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\data"). Use the Server Backup application to perform the backup.

3.5.1 Copying the "Data" Directory from OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 to 3.3

To upgrade without giving up the current working configuration, copy the data directory and all of its files from an OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 server to an OmniVista 3.3 server.

1. Stop the OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 server.
2. Rename the data directory located in the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 server to something other than "data" (e.g., "data3_1").
3. Copy the data directory located in the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 3.0 or 3.1 server to the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 3.3 server.
4. Copy the openldapdb folder and all of its contents from the directory you created in Step 2 (e.g., "data3_1") to the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\data\ directory on the OmniVista 3.3 server.
5. Remove the data\mibs\mibsets.txt file. (Any third-party MIB sets must be re-imported.)
6. Restart the OmniVista 3.3 server.
7. Restart OpenLDAP on the OmniVista 3.3 server.
Hope this is what you need.

Regards,
Benny
Regards,
Benny
Gae

Post by Gae »

Thank you Benny,
my problem is to upgrade from V2.3 to a 3.0, can you help me?
benny

Post by benny »

Well,

From the "OV 3.0 release notes":
3.5 Upgrade Procedures
You do not have to uninstall the old installation prior to installing the new package. You may upgrade your old installation of
OmniVista 2.4.1 or 2.4.2 by installing the new package over the old installation. Performing an upgrade installation will preserve
user-specific data and configuration. In this way, you get the benefits of the new release and continue to use your existing data as
before. For Windows and UNIX: The installation program will detect the old installation (2.3, 2.4) and will offer to install it in your
old installation directory. If you accept it, you will be able to use the data from your old system.
Note: It is recommended that before the upgrade, you stop the OmniVista server and back-up the data (e.g., "C:\Program
Files\Alcatel OmniVista 2500\data").
3.5.1 Copying the "Data" Directory from OmniVista 2.3 or 2.4 to 3.0
To upgrade without giving up the current working configuration, copy the data directory and all of its files from an OmniVista 2.3 or
2.4 server to an OmniVista 3.0 server.
#. Stop the OmniVista 2.3/2.4.server.
#. Rename the data directory located in the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 2.4. server to
something other than "data" (e.g., "data2_4_1").
#. Copy the data directory located in the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 2.4 server to the
C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\ directory on the OmniVista 3.0 server.
#. On the OmniVista 2.3/2.4 server, copy the openldapdb folder and all of its contents from the directory you created in Step 2
(e.g., "data2_4_1") to the C:\Program Files\OmniVista 2500\data\ directory on the OmniVista 3.0 server.
#. Remove the data\mibs\mibsets.txt file. (Any third-party MIB sets must be re-imported.)
#. Restart the OmniVista 2.3/2.4 server.
#. Restart OpenLDAP on the OmniVista 3.0 server.
Its the same for that release.... Just make a backup to be safe and everything will be fine.

Regards,
Benny
Regards,
Benny
Gae

Post by Gae »

Many thanks Benny,
now I have a old installation of Multiuser 2.1, the customer need to upgrade to 3.3. The procedure is the same or I have to upgrade to 3.0 or 3.1 and after to 3.3.
Thank you in advance and have a good day
benny

Post by benny »

- Create a backup as described above
- Follow the same procedure as above ... (I do not see any blocking points why it should not work.)

Regards,
Benny
Regards,
Benny
Peu

Post by Peu »

good night,
i need test lab in the soft OmniVista.
you could send me a demo license of OmniVsta

peu@olitel.com.br

sorry for my English.

Thank very much
benny

Post by benny »

This is an Alcatel(-Lucent) user community - not Alcatel-Lucent.

Contact Alcatel-Lucent for an official license.

Thanks.
Regards,
Benny
Peu

Post by Peu »

a lisence DEMO seria para fazer um testar no labaoartorio
não é para cliente.

tranks.
Peu

Post by Peu »