COS settings for Voice traffic

gazwald

COS settings for Voice traffic

Post by gazwald »

Hi,

Noob questions :?

We currently have in use a call server, a business contact server, a My Team work server, a My IC server and a GCE server as well as the Alcatel hardware (GD? GA?) but no ISDN connected to the Alcatel hardware. All voice is SIP coming in on another link.

Can anyone please tell me which of these servers need to have QOS configured for real time voice traffic? I would expect that the call server needs high priorty for setting up calls, but does it send out real time voice traffic such as dial tones, ring tones and recorded messages? My Team work should have users dialing into conferences so it should have real time voice traffic and the My IC server should receive real time voice traffic from people leaving voicemail.

I need to know how to configure the WAN routers to give priority to real time voice traffic from each of these servers, but not other traffic to and from them as at the moment, the QOS rules are too open and giving priority to things it should not be. I need to lock it down but not impact voice quality.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Gazwald.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”