GA Board "Reg not Init" error

rodgiepaje

GA Board "Reg not Init" error

Post by rodgiepaje »

Dear Sirs,
I would like to have some of your feedback regarding a fault I am experiencing, I am a beginner with the omnipcx, and still trying to get some more information regarding this system. The past few days, a have been facing this one issue regarding the GA board showing "Reg not init" and cannot be accessed. Are there any procedure in rectifying this fault, or there any manuals for GA board replacement that you can help me to resolve this issue. Already tried rebooting but fault has not normalized.
I would really appreciate it if you could give me any troubleshooting procedure on this fault. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: GA Board "Reg not Init" error

Post by tot3nkopf »

Check the IP configuration of the GA in mgr or Omnivista.
rodgiepaje

Post by rodgiepaje »

Hi,
I already check Mgr this morning and it seem like all the parameters are ok, including the shelf number and the mac address of the GA board. Are there any troubleshooting procedures that you can provide? is the GA and GD board configuration the same? I am planning on replacing the GA board since I am suspecting that it is faulty. Thanks again for the reply, and your help is greatly appreciated
vad

Post by vad »

Switch off/on GA board.
What about LED on GA board (or switch where GA connected to) - some activity on Ethernet port?
And last (really first) - connect PC with com port to GA console port and check start of GA board.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”