Alcatel 4200C Voicemail

vincitechnology

Alcatel 4200C Voicemail

Post by vincitechnology »

I have been to visit a client for a phone system issue, specifically with their voicemail access and setup.
They have an Alcatel Office 4200C Phone System.

While I have worked with Alcatel PABX's in the past I don't presently have the specific interface cable or software in order to resolve this issue.

I had contacted a business I found who apparently provides the 4200 software for free, so I am waiting for their reply during their business hours.

I noticed someone in the forums here has previously uploaded a V24 interface cable pinout, as I will likely need to make up a a cable to connect from my laptop (and try to find or buy a new com port adapter).

Should this be all the information I will need in order to connect, reset any passcodes, configure email on handsets properly?

Look forward to your responses, as this is something I would like to be able to support again.
vincitechnology

Re: Alcatel 4200C Voicemail

I just wanted to followup on the last post with more details.

The exact system information from what I could find on the sticker is:
Alctatel Office 4200C
2T0-8UA-4Z ISD
3BC08008KN

It also has CAU310/ and CAU320/ on the side, apparently it had been updated in 2000

However there is still the issue of the correct interface/comm cable required.
As well as matching up the correct version of the Alcatel software, since there seems to be a number of options to select during the setup process.

Appreciate your feedback
vincitechnology

Re: Alcatel 4200C Login/Voicemail setup

Seems I had an issue with my cable which has since been resolved, tested on TV at home with serial commands, i suspect the other cable was not a null cable.

However...

Still there is the issue of logging in to the system with PCMMC software, there is obviously a password required.
Client has no documentation for this, can anyone suggest some options to try?

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”