Common hardware Rectifier and batteries

junoooni

Common hardware Rectifier and batteries

Post by junoooni »

I have an oxe on common hardware infrastructure(4 MR3’s) with 2 x rectifier boxes and 3 battery boxes and 18 x 12V batteries. Want to know how batteries will be connected? All batteries will go to battery boxes or there should b some installed in rectifier boxes as well?

Apart from 3 x MR3’s, I have 3 x MR1’s as well ( 1 each for Secondary CS, 4645, RMA) but those boxes are with 220V input.

Confused about Battery connections. Any help will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Common hardware Rectifier and batteries

Post by vad »

The right way - ask your supplier. System configured in Actis (configuration tool) and tool provide all information.
In additional - read System doc - System documentation/ Installation manual/ S and L Rack - Installation Procedures - Power connection.

Rectifier boxes - used for 48V DC powering. So in rectifier box installed 4 or 8 batteries.
Battery boxes used with 220V AC input. For MR3 (36V) - used 3 or 6 batteries, for MR1 (12V) - 1, 2 or 3 batteries.
Inside rectifier boxes/ battery boxes - you can find installation manual.
I think in your case:
- for 3 MR1 - used 3 battery boxes with 2 batteries (6 batteries in total)
- for MR3 - used 2 rectifier boxes (one with 8 batteries and next with 4 batteries).
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Thanks alot VAD for your valuable input... i opened rectifier and battery boxes but each box is having only 2 connectors and i a can see some small Yellow colored cables as well, will these yellow cables be used for looping the batteries? I am attaching the cabinet layout from ACTIS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vad

Post by vad »

For Central area (3 MR-3) - rectifier with 8 batteries. Yellow cables for battery connection 2 block with 2x4 batteries. Inside rectifier box - I think you find installation drawing.
For Central area (1 MR-3) - rectifier with 4 batteries.
Battery boxes - for MR-1. I think - you not need yellow cables for connection (yellow cables used for 36 V system).

Return to “Beginner's questions about the Common Hardware”