PRAT2 configuration

Xamuko

PRAT2 configuration

Post by Xamuko »

Hi guys,

A service provider gave me the following to config in my oxo:

Type E1: PRI-ISDN
channels: 15
Codec type: HDB3 (High Density Bipolar of order 3 code)
Framing: No-cr4
Direction of bchannel: Ascendant
Impedance type: 75 Ohm
Clock: Slave

Also they provided me with the cross cable diagram.

Now..i have configured the oxo with the image you see in attachments.

However, something is missing and i'm not sure what it is...I've also added the board to the trunk group.

Any help would be great!.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KoenC

Re: PRAT2 configuration

Post by KoenC »

Hi Xamuko,

Can you define the problem? Which error message is displayed when you are trying to access the external lines?
Is the system able to access the trunk group?
Can you form/dial the number?

The OXO seems to be detecting the line, becaus the (physical) out of service box isn't ticked off.
Can you provide us with an ISDN Trace?

Good luck
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

KoenC wrote: 12 Jan 2018 04:39 Hi Xamuko,

Can you define the problem? Which error message is displayed when you are trying to access the external lines?
Is the system able to access the trunk group?
Can you form/dial the number?

The OXO seems to be detecting the line, becaus the (physical) out of service box isn't ticked off.
Can you provide us with an ISDN Trace?

Good luck

Hi KoenC...I went to check for myself the problem...but when i got there...i realized that the ethernet cable they were using was a normal one..the pbx needed a cross cable with. After we made the cross cable for the pbx..the E1 was able to make the calls.

Thanks for your assistance bro.

There's other thing i was wondering...how can i check if the calls are truly going through this second e1 ?
KoenC

Post by KoenC »

Hi Xamuko,

U r welcome.

If you have multiple E1 and want to use them cascaded, they must be configured in the same trunk group in order to work simultaneously and parallel.
There's only one way to be sure if the calls are also going over your second E1: test it !
You can quickly disable the other E1 logically by your OMC application and see if you are still able to call external numbers and receive calls on your external numbers. afterwards, follow the same procedure for your second E1.

If you do not have the knowledge to do this by the OMC, you can disconnect the crossed cable of the first E1 and run the tests.
If you reconnect the first E1 and disconnect the second. Retest it.
If all goes well, you have tested both lines seperately.

Good luck.
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Thanks again...well..did that..and it worked..both e1 are making the calls.

Thanks!!

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”