Phones won't boot

enio.eltz

Re: Phones won't boot

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

There is something very bad in this case. Strange, very strange.
If you had three IP touch in NOE mode connected on the same OXO and now you have just one, it is network for sure. Do the following:

1 - Connect the three IP Touch and the OXO on the same switch, but a simple switch, not managed switch.
2 - Set up static IP address on the three IP touch + TFTP (that is OXO CPU address).

It must work.

What is the OXO release?

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

100/046.001
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

OK, this way you don't have COCPU, just pwCPU or pwCPU EE. then, the TFTP address you must set up on IP Touch is the OXO IP address. do what I proposed, connect all IP Touch and OXO on the same simple switch. It must work.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Hi guys...

well ..i couldn't try the way enio proposed since we ran out of sw. However, i've tried the following:

Connected an ethernet cable to the same switch were the others are, and the other side of the cable to a power injector (in port) and a second cable to the (out port) to the ipotuch.

After doing that, nothing happened. However, I let the phone to boot up to step 2/2 ..the screen said no ethernet link..and then plugged in the cable..it then went to 3/5 ...4/5...5/5 ..then showed a msg saying: "bad content" ...after that...5/5 connected. Phone is up and working now.

I've tried the same with the second set that wasn't working and now it works too. However, i would have to use the power injector since i do not have any power adapter.

Question is..why the bad content message.
roadwolf

Post by roadwolf »

That is interesting. Did you ever figure out why this was happening Xamuko? I have a similar issue, and will have to try your solution. Did you do that in static or dynamic mode?
roadwolf

Post by roadwolf »

roadwolf wrote:That is interesting. Did you ever figure out why this was happening Xamuko? I have a similar issue, and will have to try your solution. Did you do that in static or dynamic mode?
Where I work, we have a very compartmentalized structure, and the networking and IT support staff are completely separate from the phones and communications staff. And of course there is a general lack of communication. So often I have to figure out stuff on my own.

I tried forcing the TFTP IP to be the server IP for the OmniVista server, but that didn't seem to work. I ended up grabbing a brand new 8068 and hooking it up, then going into its IP Parameters and found the CPU ip, then input that as the TFTP ip on the troubled phone. I used the same technique as above to boot it up, and then inserted the network cable into the POE injector once the message came up saying that there was no ethernet connection. I did have the phone set in a static IP configuration with settings that seemed to mimic the automatic setup of the new phone. Sure enough it did work, and began to update the firmware about 4 or 5 times. I hope this helps someone.
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Hey roadwolf...i see that you managed to get it working.

Well..my config is in dynamic. And i'm still working the way i tried last time i wrote XD. Besides, We are moving out soon so i just left it that way :)

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”