REASON OF THE REBOOT - OXO

rajansuruli15

REASON OF THE REBOOT - OXO

Post by rajansuruli15 »

Hi everyone,

I checked the form but i can't find the answer, so i am posting here.

We have customer with OmniPcx Office in R410.66 with CPU-2 . Every day in the morning the system will be in down, after the reboot then it will start working. Some times it will go factory default, after to put the latest backup it start working.

Issue is we can't find the reason of the reboot of the PBX. customer is 100% sure its not a Power Issue, because PBX is sharing the power where the other IT equipment's are connected with central UPS.

i tried to connect via web https://oxo ip address/services/webapp where we can normally get some logs. But the web connection getting rejected. So i don't have any idea why the pbx is going down every day. :(
Its a bank customer, so issue getting serious. please advise me if any comments on this..

Thanks & Regards,
Rajan
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: REASON OF THE REBOOT - OXO

Post by cavagnaro »

Oxo acts on mysterious ways that only true believers can understand...
Probably faulty HD. Make a backup and replace. Why? Cause it is OXO way.
Bank...Oxo? Ok...

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
rajansuruli15

Post by rajansuruli15 »

Hi cavagnaro,

Thanks for the replay. There is no HD in the CPU. its with internal flash. And after format and if i put the same backup, i don't think it will resolve.
And today the system didn't went down, i don't know why.

Anyhow i will keep monitor..

Regards,
Rajan
alex

Post by alex »

Preferred way is to upgrade your system so you get official support. Upgrade to the latest R10 is not very expensive - you get new CPU + support.
If this is not an option - you're on your own with that old SW and old HW.
So connect to "config" port with V.24 cable and switch this port from ppp mode to tty/login, restart PABX. Then you get log of events during shutdown/startup.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Old releases like R4 had this kind of problem. They restart for nothing. Usually, some process fails and the system restarts. With the logs of config port you can see something, usually the process that stops, but you would need ALE help to get solution and, in this case, R4 is phased out.
As alex wrote, it is interisting to upgrade the system to the latest release R10. It is stable.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
liridonq

Post by liridonq »

Hi all,

I know this is off the topic but can you tell me where can I find user/pass for this service?
https://oxo ip address/services/webapp

Regards,

Lido
alex

Post by alex »

liridonq wrote:Hi all,

I know this is off the topic but can you tell me where can I find user/pass for this service?
https://oxo ip address/services/webapp

Regards,

Lido
Seems weird but you can find it in official OXO documentation. E.g. "Web Based Tool" 8AL91208USAC Ed.1
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
liridonq

Post by liridonq »

Wow really ? ... that is weird :) .... I meant where in the OXO MMC, I've used all the credentials from this panel (System Miscellaneous - Passwords - Management Passwords) with no luck, it keep saying "Please authenticate to access this zone"

Anyway, thank you

Lido
alex

Post by alex »

OK. Now I see. Try to put login name in small letters, like "installer" not like "Installer".
liridonq

Post by liridonq »

That is correct, it is case sensitive

Thank you

Lido

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”