Help identifying problem about calls with OmniPCX

stanugabi

Help identifying problem about calls with OmniPCX

Post by stanugabi »

I have a strange problem
I recently had to use the "rename expert.dll" procedure with read all, backup, store and cold reset of our work OmniPCX (we forgot the installer password)
I used the OMC 7.1.1 version that the tech guy left for us to do the backup. When I got to the restore part after the cold reset, I got some errors and the restore was unsuccessfull.
I had to go through the backup and the OmniPCX at the same time to compare what has to be configured and what not.
The structure is something like: T2 for Public Lines and an Analog trunk line for a second private line (at least that is the config in the backup I made)

The problem is that when calling through the second private line, the one I call cannot hear me but I can hear him just fine. When beeing called from the second private line, all is working just fine.
I do have to mention that in the backup there is a "Analog Tie Lines" section filled with protocols and in the OmniPCX config that section is grayed out.(just a thought)
Any ideas where I would have to check and also how to create those Analog Tie Lines protocols to rule them out of the problem?
stanugabi

Re: Help identifying problem about calls with OmniPCX

Post by stanugabi »

I found a tech guy that helped me with the problem... It seems that the backup restore procedure was the problem... something went wrong there.
Here's what I did: a cold reset again and after that I reconfigured some basics... manually. I left all the advanced configs as default settings.
Thank God it's over... all is well now.

Return to “Beginner's questions about the OmniPCX OFFICE”