Extension ID AL IPtouch 4008.

DNTJB

Extension ID AL IPtouch 4008.

Post by DNTJB »

Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm did not set up the system and am not even sure if I am posting in the right forum. Pretty much a complete noob when it comes to phone systems.

Basically I've started a new job and my predecessor seems to have had a phone system installed and left absolutely no paperwork or background. The system uses Alcatel Lucent IP touch 4008. I'm not really sure how its all setup but trying to work it out. One thing that is throwing me is how to change the caller IDs as staff have changed numerous times and now all the phones have old and obsolete names/titles associated with their extensions. Is this possible?

Happy to provide further info if I can work out how. I appreciate your help and patience.
haroun

Re: Extension ID AL IPtouch 4008.

Post by haroun »

YES IT'S POSSIBLE , what kind of system do you have entreprise (oxe) office (OXO) or new generation OT
DEPENDING ON each kind of system you need the management consol or if present THE Attendant set to do the changes .
oxe you need at least serial V24 or telnet and make the changes trough mgr
oxo THINK you need OMC
FOR OT the OV 8780 or make change on oxe side if attached.
btw you need the credential to loggon do you have them ?! if not !
H

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”