Group Pickup

dhauss

Group Pickup

Post by dhauss »

back when we installed our phone system, We created a group pickup and assigned extensions (users) to it. It worked fine in that when someones phone rang, I could just pickup the handset and it answered their extension. Today, I added a new user and under FACILITIES, I added the PICKUP GROUP NAME to their account. When an extension other then theirs rings, they can only pickup the phone and then select TAKE CALL, where on the other extensions, when a different phone rings in the group, I can just pickup my handset to answer and other phone in the group. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks....Dave
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Group Pickup

Post by tot3nkopf »

Pickup group is not the feature you are looking for --> you need supervision keys for all members of the group

then

In user parameters --> Supervision at off-hook --> True
dhauss

Post by dhauss »

I have supervision keys for everyone on all the phones. However, on 3 of the phones, when ANY of them ring, I can just lift the receiver and it will answer whatever line is ringing. on the new extension I created, they cannot do that. They need to pickup the phone and press TAKE CALL. I would like the new extension the same as the rest. What did I forget?
dhauss

Post by dhauss »

Just saw the second part of the message.. Let me try that....
dhauss

Post by dhauss »

Funny. I just checked my settings and I have "TAKE SUPERVISION OFF-HOOK" checked. It did NOT work yesterday but today it works. I wonder if it needed to update?
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

I have never seen issues with this feature.
dhauss

Post by dhauss »

Its working now but did not do the TAKE SUPERVISION WHEN OFF-HOOK yesterday...

Return to “Beginner's questions about the (4400 / Enterprise) PHONE APPLICATION or OPERATING SYSTEM”