Weird Problem with the incoming calls

IP and Voice over IP
CMYK4NO

Weird Problem with the incoming calls

Post by CMYK4NO »

Hi!

I am happy to join your community and I wish you can help me to understand the problem I am facing with our OmniPCX.
Randomly we don't receive the incoming calls, so I have contacted our VOIP Provider and from their side there is nothing wrong. Our Alcatel provider as well says that the Alcatel was configured properly and the problem could be our firewall, I have checked the firewall and there are not rules for or against the OmniPCX.

Usually the phones work normally and at some point they stop to receive the calls...only after a call from the office to an external number everything is back to normal.
I can't do the trace when we can't receive the calls, but as soon as I make an external call the trace start again.

our supplier doesn't know what to do...

Thanks for reading and I hope we will find a solution.
Regards!
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Weird Problem with the incoming calls

Post by frank »

Hi

Usually if a call from inside to outside fixes the issue, it is because your firewall has some kind of dynamic rule which stops (or is blocked) after traffic is not going through anymore (typically if you did not receive phone calls for a certain period of time). The fact that you make an outgoing calls actually re-establish the connection to your provider and release the timer for another 15 minutes for example, where incoming calls will work flawlessly, until there is no more traffic.

If this is not the case , then you should run traces within your firewall at the moment where the calls are blocked, to see what's going on.
Or you can run traces in the OXE..
Code Free Or Die
CMYK4NO

Post by CMYK4NO »

Thanks Frank!
for your reply. Looks like the IPPBX goes in stand-by because when we can't receive calls the trace from the firewall Meraki and from the IPPBX doesn't work, we can see some logs only after making an outgoing call.

From the Meraki I can see that most of the time when we doesn't receive calls, the IPPBX is "offline" and when it works, it is online. but even if it is offline, I can ping it and reach it.

The firewall doesn't have dynamic rules or special rules, it's transparent at the moment to solve this problem.

I wish you can help me with my new informations.

Regards,
Tai
frank

Post by frank »

What is your configuration exactly ?
Where is the OXE, CPU, GD, how are they linked to the outside ? Are you using a SDP ? Is this a SIP trunk ? Or direct connection to another PBX ?
Code Free Or Die

Return to “IP / VoIP”