No voice on Incomming door phone calling

IP and Voice over IP
marclabouille

No voice on Incomming door phone calling

Post by marclabouille »

Dear,
We have a Door phone registered to an OXE R9.1 i1.605.21. We want call an IP-touch 4038 (domain IP is correct) but, when we call the 4038 there is no voice activity from door phone to 4038 but on the other side audio is OK. When the 4038 call door phone, audio is OK on the two ways. We using G.711 codec, we have tested the G729, audio is OK when door phone call, but when the 4038 call door phone, it's inaccessible.
We have Alcatel analog phones when we using G711 audio is OK on the two way (caller or callee).
Door phone use Linphone SIP .
What can i doing? change IP touch to SIP phone Alcatel ? There is something wrong in parameters on OXE ?

Regards,
Marc
marclabouille

Re: No voice on Incomming door phone calling

Post by marclabouille »

See on differents post , "check RTP direct" , i have verifyed on mao OXE and RTP direct is NO and T2 mode none maybe T2 will be SIP ?
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by frank »

If audio is OK in both way while using analog phones, it means that audio is ok while going through the GD card.
In your other case, I believe your door phone is trying to do direct RTP with the phone, instead of splitting audio and signaling.
get some wireshark traces. If not, get an AAPP certified door phone.
Code Free Or Die
marclabouille

Post by marclabouille »

Hi frank, thanks for your help. Yes Door phone use Direct RTP see the pcap. Door phone is working very well with cisco CUCM, GrandStream,AASTRA...
pcap.png
And way OK IP phone to Door Phone
pcapOK.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frank

Post by frank »

Hello

All brands have different tweaks. I saw a lot of issues in the past because the OXE asked the door phone to send the audio path to the GD board, but the door phone would keep sending the audio to the CPU ip address. Working with cisco or GrandStream does not mean it is automatically certified with ALE. The trace you attached does not show anything really beside an overview of the path. It does not show the error packets, nor the SDP <- where you would have a lot of informations.
Code Free Or Die
vad

Post by vad »

When you have problem with audio - wrong destination (CS instead of IP Touch) or wrong codec.
In your case - I think problem with codecs.
System/ other system/ compression parameters - managed or not item 'multi algorithm for compression".
What managed in IP/ IP domain (intra/extra domain compression).

Return to “IP / VoIP”