Factory reset 8128 WLAN handset

IP and Voice over IP
Nautilus

Factory reset 8128 WLAN handset

Post by Nautilus »

Dear all,

some years ago we bought some 8128 handsets for our company to use it in our production. We had a lot of errors so we decided to stop this "project" and we put the handsets in a box in our storage. Now, 4 years later my boss decided to use them in a special office. My problem is that the handsets are configured and I can only choose the "old" network which was set up years before. It does not exist anymore. I didn´t found anything to delete all settings from the handset.
I have connection to our servers (Omnivista) but I don´t find the configuration of the handsets to release them.
Is it necessary to build up the "old" network to release the handsets?
Is there a possibility to make a hard reset on the phones? Pressing some buttons at the same time ? Thanks in advance
tgn

Re: Factory reset 8128 WLAN handset

Post by tgn »

use the winpdm software and a usb-charging station.

regards...

--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Dear tgn,

thank you so much for your information. I didn´t know that because I have only normal dockingstations for all devices. I remember we gave the handsets to our former provider. Maybe they configured the devices...
So we need to buy a usb dockingstation (found something for 155,- Euros !!!? Seems to be a little bit expensive?!) . This is the one and only way? No usb cable available anywhere?
Vielen Dank für die Antwort im voraus ;-)
tgn

Post by tgn »

doesn't know any other way.
you'll need the usb charging station. also take in account that you'll need also the winpdm software and the phoneset firmware from Businesspartner Website too. The phonset firmware contains the description for settings used in winpdm...
and last but not least... you'll need knowledge how to use the winpdm software and how to integrate the phonesets in your wlan enviroment. it's better to delegate this to your Alcatel-Lucent Businesspartner.

regards...

Return to “IP / VoIP”