NLG

frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

NLG

Post by frank »

OmniAccess 3500 Nonstop Laptop Guardian (NLG) is a security system on a CDMA or HSDPA 3G card that is developed to remotely secure, monitor, manage and locate a mobile computer and to protect its data if it is lost or stolen. The NLG has its own processor, power supply and operating system, and it leverages broadband networks to let enterprises manage laptops anywhere, anytime, even when the computer is turned off.

Now, I have a couple of questions... I believe they can track you because it has a GPS, right ?
They can also have full access to your laptop HD, right ? Finally, if you are in a plane, or travel, or whatever, and that the NLG does not have anymore power after you get into a ZONE where it could receive a GPS signal again, what happens ?

Thank you for whoever could answer.

F.
Code Free Or Die
leobear77

Re: NLG

Post by leobear77 »

The Non Stop Laptop Guardian has, I believe, 80 hours of battery life in the wireless card. (the wireless card has its own internal battery) It uses a trickle charge off the main (laptop computer) system so once you start recharging your laptop battery-- in the event your wireless card's battery were dead, the battery in the wireless card would trickle back to life. You also have a toggle switch to turn the wireless card off i.e. while on a plane.
leobear77

Re: NLG

Post by leobear77 »

The Non Stop Laptop Guardian has, I believe, 80 hours of battery life in the wireless card. (the wireless card has its own internal battery) It uses a trickle charge off the main (laptop computer) system so once you start recharging your laptop battery-- in the event your wireless card's battery were dead, the battery in the wireless card would trickle back to life. You also have a toggle switch to turn the wireless card off i.e. while on a plane.

Return to “OmniAccess 3500 Nonstop Laptop Guardian”