Discriminator Rules

Are you having any trouble while you are configuring a 4400 on site ? Share it with us, maybe someone will have the solution !
hendersonla

Discriminator Rules

Post by hendersonla »

All,

I am trying to get the main number to show on all non DID sets. I selected use personal calling number for all agents and added the main number. In the discriminator rule I authorized use personal calling number but the caller id is still wrong. It looks like a DID but it is a bogus number. Any ideas? I am using discriminator zero.

Thanks,

Laura
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by frank »

First thing: debug the outgoing call , and check if it is the number that you want which is sent, or another number. If this is the good one, then it is because of the CO (I had this in a University). If you are not sending the right one, then it is a discriminator/translator issue I would think.. I just found the documentation about this, here it is :

http://www.gadot.net/alcatel/ALCATEL/

frank.
Code Free Or Die
gundam

Post by gundam »

In order for the parameter "Use Personal Calling Number' to work you must first go into the NPD (translator/external dialing plan/dialing plan discription) of the outgoing trunk and allow "Authorize personal calling num use"

Hope this helps.
hendersonla

Post by hendersonla »

Yes thank you I found it. I have been so busy with this install that I haven't had time to post replies.

thanks to you both for replying!

Return to “ON SITE TROUBLES”