9700 chassis/modules inoperable after update uboot-miniboot

johnsonk1

9700 chassis/modules inoperable after update uboot-miniboot

Post by johnsonk1 »

Alcatel 9700 switch issue.

1. Observed that ios was not current was at 6.1.3.
2. Downloaded OS9_6311042r01_a.zip.
3. Could not find documentation so went on line and used OS9000 AOS 6.3.1 R01 Upgrade Guide.txt.
4. Performed the following steps for updating the images:
1 FTP the 6.3.1.R01 image files from the Alcatel Service and Support code directory to the /flash/
working directory of the primary CMM. (used ftp binary transfer mode).
2 Log into the switch. In dual redundant configurations you must log into the primary switch.
3 Reload the switch.
-> reload working no rollback-timeout
4 After the switch finishes rebooting, log into the switch.
5 Install the new image files in the Working Directory.
-> install *.img
6 Copy the image files from the Working Directory to the Certified Directory.
-> copy working certified
-> copy flash-synchro
5. Performed the following steps for updating the miniboot:

1 Download the applicable U-Boot and Miniboot files from the Alcatel Service and Support web site to
the /flash directory on the primary CMM. (used ftp binary transfer mode)
Note. The following U-Boot and Miniboot version is supported for the 6.3.1. upgrade - 6.1.5.479.R01.
2 Execute the following CLI commands to update the U-Boot and Miniboot files on the switch.
-> update uboot-miniboot
3 When the “UPDATE COMPLETED" message appears, delete the miniboot and u-boot files from the /flash directory, the reload the switch:
-> reload working no rollback-timeout
-> show microcode
-> show hardware info
-> show ni
BOOT Version : should have been according to documentation 6.1.5.479.R01 ours was 6.1.5.354.R01- I thought there was an issue.

6. Downloaded the U-Boot and Miniboot files again (used ftp ascii because of issues with boot version).
7. Repeated steps above.
8. Executed reload working no rollback-timeout.
9. Nothing worked after – both CMMs would show all lights flash and then nothing.
10. Connected to COM port and nothing displayed in boot process.
11. Swapped out both memory and Flash on CMM with a known good – nothing. Also put CMM in another rack – would not work.
12. Took known good CMM and it would boot in bad chassis, however the two GNI modules would not power up.
13. Took GNI C24 and placed in known good chassis – still would not boot up.
14. Placed known good CMM and known good GNI C24 and installed in bad chassis. They both powered up OK1/OK2 proper indications. When I hooked network device to C24 port – would not work.

Questions:
1. I have ticket # 1-141997459 from support center
2. Tried to follow-up your request, by connecting to the Alcatel-Lucent eService Request Application - If you are an end customer, please connect to the Service Portal Web Site : https://service.esd.alcatel-lucent.com/ , then scroll down to "My Service Requests" section. Could not find this option.
3. How can I contact a technician from Alcatel who can tell me if this can be repaired and how much will it cost?
4. Equipment is out of warranty and we have no service contract – what do I need to do next?
one6f

Re: 9700 chassis/modules inoperable after update uboot-minib

Post by one6f »

6. Downloaded the U-Boot and Miniboot files again (used ftp ascii because of issues with boot version).
:evil:

2. Tried to follow-up your request, by connecting to the Alcatel-Lucent eService Request Application - If you are an end customer, please connect to the Service Portal Web Site : https://service.esd.alcatel-lucent.com/ , then scroll down to "My Service Requests" section. Could not find this option.
You need to login and go to mySupport :

3. How can I contact a technician from Alcatel who can tell me if this can be repaired.....
under mySupport you find Contact Support phones, email, live chat.....:
normally you have to check with you local business partner, by the dealer who sold you devices.
You can use Alcatel-Lucent Business Partners Locator to search the next BP.

4. Equipment is out of warranty and we have no service contract – what do I need to do next?
Use Search function to find other helpful tech tips
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “OmniSwitch 9000 / 9000E”