ACSE exam on switching

Rens_DUP

ACSE exam on switching

Post by Rens_DUP »

Anyone here who passed or took the ACSE exam on switching (9000 series and 6850)?
I'm looking for information on what to expect on the exam.

Regards,

Rens
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: ACSE exam on switching

Post by cavagnaro »

Why cheat? I disagree on telling to any one what to exactly study. If you manage your switches ok you will have no problem with the exam.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
Rens_DUP

Post by Rens_DUP »

Why is knowing what to expect and asking for some extra background info on a exam cheating? I'm not asking for the answers. During training a lot of aspects are being coverd. Some of them have a lab that goes with them some of them don't.

I'm certified on different parts of the OXE on ACSE level, Corporate R8, Omnivista, CCD, CC-Premium, ACIPS. So I know what certification is when working on Alcatel equipment. Alcatel networking equipment on the other hand is completely new for me and for the company I'm working for. According to the trainers I've spoken, the networking exam is nothing like the ACSE exams in voice. So I'm just looking for information on what to expect.

Regards,

Rens
kleanbsf

Post by kleanbsf »

Hi Rens,

How did it go with the exam?

Regards,

Klean, Albania
splinkio

Post by splinkio »

Does anyone know where you can get training for this exam in the UK?

I am currently trying to build up a course profile of training which people need to support our system by doing the ACSP > ACSE certification track.
benny

Post by benny »

Hey,

You can go through your Pre-Sales to get a contact to a Alcatel-Lucent University guy. They offer the trainings you need to pass the certification.

This is the "path" you need to follow to be able to certify as ACSE-R6:

ACSP -> ACSS-R6 -> ACSE-R6

If you had been an ACSE-R5 and you are still in the 2 years renewal period you can do the ACSS-R6 to become ACSE-R6.

The ACSS-R6 is an online test. ACSE-R6 is in a lab environment where you have to build a setup based on the instructors requirements.
Regards,
Benny
climberboy

Post by climberboy »

Please follow this link for some ACSE advice:

https://service.esd.alcatel-lucent.com/ ... umber=3959

It doesn't give the game away about what to expect on ACSE, but it will give you some ideas of how to prepare yourself appropriately.

ACSE is based around designing, building and testing a network. You will be given a fictitious customer scenario and have to develop your exam around the customer requirements.

However, I think ALU should be more forthcoming with the topics that could be raised. I don't understand why ALU do not have a study guide that is in a similar vein to CCNP style study guides to help candidates prepare themselves for ACSE. Anyway, that's only my opinion ....
jravine

Post by jravine »

The intial ACSE exam consists of a day long test where you will be given a ficticious customer wnd network requirments.
It is the candidate's (you) responsibility to configure the network to conform to the customer needs which are provided. You will need to design it on paper and have the intructor check to make sure it is going to work properly. Then you are given actual switches, servers and devices which you will put into play according to you design. Designing the network is not th hard part, it is remembering the commands to use without looking them up in the manual which wastes precious time. You have, I believe 8 hours to accomplish test.
The exam is the highest level exam and expects you to know AOS cli. So before taking the test read the entire current manual , boring as it may, be because believe me if you don't know 80-90% of what is in there or you probably have a very stressful day.
I did my first time around
successor169

Post by successor169 »

Need Assistance regarding ACSE R6/7 Renwal. becuase i didnot find i-learning in business partner portal.

Return to “OmniSwitch 9000 / 9000E”