Unexpectedly Takeover

cdperez_DUP

Unexpectedly Takeover

Post by cdperez_DUP »

Hello, today happen something strange in my OS9700. Unexpectedly happen a Takeover. Luckyly 2 cmm were synchronous and the problem was imperceptible because don´t reset the NI´s. My question is: Why happen that takeover itself if I do not ask for it? that it had passed itself had one CMM or if the CMM were not synchronous? obvious it would have to configure switch with the last changes, but because step this without previous warning? Thanks for your help.
benny

Re: Unexpectedly Takeover

Post by benny »

A takeover could happen if e.g. a task on the (primary) CMM in slot A crashed. If a task crashed a dump file should have been generated.

You will find something like
cs_system.pmd
MemMon000.dmp
on the /flash.

As you run on the CMM in slot B right now, you can do a
rls /flash
to verify if you have any dump files.

Please also post the AOS version you are using. To avoid this kind of issues make sure to upgrade your switch to a recent version of the AOS like 6.1.3.941.R01 or later or 6.3.1.958.R01 or later.

Before you reboot the switch make sure to copy the swlog files and dmp/pmd from both CMMs. (You can use FTP to copy them from the primary CMM - and rcp (check in the manual) to copy the swlog files from the secondary cmm with another name to the primary).
Regards,
Benny
cdperez_DUP

Post by cdperez_DUP »

Hello Benny thanks for your answer, indeed the directory flash had the file cs_system.pmd. What is the function of that file? I reviewed the version of the AOS and is 6.3.1.89 4R01.
You specifically do not know to that it must this anomaly? to what task? does not exist another form to solve the disadvantage?
PD. the OS9700 returned to execute to again takeover and the CMM A step to be the primary again.
benny

Post by benny »

Well,

The only way to find out what exactly happened is to open a SR with AlcaLu and let them analyse the dump file.
The dump file contains all the information needed to track down which task had an issue.

Hope that helps ...
Regards,
Benny

Return to “OmniSwitch 9000 / 9000E”