6850 era all

itochu

6850 era all

Post by itochu »

On of the ours 6850 not visible from console (at all speeds) after command "era all" in UBOOT. Does anybody know what it is?
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: 6850 era all

Post by devnull »

What did you do before?

Did you enter anything at uboot?

Does it show anything at all?

please describe your problem a bit better.
itochu

Post by itochu »

Switch not loading completely before crashing(was try to load config but cant do it complete and cycling restart self) Than I try erase flash with command "era all" at Uboot. Anything else was not doing at Uboot. After this switch show "0" at stack indicator and show blank screen at console.
itochu

Post by itochu »

Nothing else was not doing at uboot before and after. At this time switch shown "0" at stack indicator and anithing at console. Before crashing switch was cyclically reloaded with creating crashing dumps.
devnull

Post by devnull »

with era all (not used that by myself) you have erased the complete flash ergo killed all existing firmware possible file structure.
So you need a recovery on uboot level (if that is still working) -> in this case you should see at least some miniboot/uboot related output on console.

If you have that:
With a recent uboot (6.4.3 if i remember correctly) you should try a usb recovery -> find a recognized usb stick:
Test at other running switch
"usb enable" should give you some output, "cd /uflash" and "ls" afterwards should show you files on the stick.

if you have that create a directory
/6850/certified
/6850/working
on the stick
create a file aossignature in root of usb

copy the img files in both /certified and working on usb stick.

insert stick and it should do a disaster recovery.
#####
If you do not see uboot/miniboot update:
You probably bricked your switch.. have it returned to alcatel (this is why you should not use uboot commands unless told so by support), i never used "erase" at uboot only "newfs" in miniboot.
mixeysan

Post by mixeysan »

I have like this problem. I erase nand flash 0x0 - 40000, remained only first 2 sectrors 128 x 2 = 256kb whit AOS. I don't erase this section of memory since I will receive RIP. Initially the switch was with a problem wasn't created and formatted a "/flash". I have dump all nand flash, but how to repair with the help U-boot? TFTP work, but any network port doesn't join on loading. Help pls.

Return to “OmniSwitch 6850 / 6850E”