Creating custom privilege level on LS6200

Q-Ant

Creating custom privilege level on LS6200

Post by Q-Ant » 23 Sep 2010 07:25

I want to to create a user that would have full admin access (lvl15) but without the possibility to create or delete users and change aaa configuration. I would create this as lvl10.

Where can I find how to create a new privilege level? To UG is of no use, it only explains level 0 and 15, without any info on how to change an existing or create a new privilige level.

I am doing this on the AOS switches by returning different familiy values from RADIUS, and plan to return level 10 for the LS switches, however I first have to defina level 10 on these switches.

silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by silvio » 25 Sep 2010 09:43

I have tried the same some years ago. Alcatel support had givven the answer that there is for every remote access the level 15 necessary - with no way for differentiation the rights of the user. So the level 1-14 are useless.
regards Silvio

Q-Ant

Post by Q-Ant » 28 Sep 2010 05:11

silvio wrote:I have tried the same some years ago. Alcatel support had givven the answer that there is for every remote access the level 15 necessary - with no way for differentiation the rights of the user. So the level 1-14 are useless.
regards Silvio

So few years was not enough for Alcatel to implement this like it sholud be done years before? The LS6200 platfrom is really full of unpleasant surprises that can hardly be justified by a cheaper price. More and more it looks like it is 3/4 of the price of the-other-vendor but it is also 1/2 of the switch.

Return to “OmniStack LS 6200”