OAW-4504 vlan

selectt

OAW-4504 vlan

Post by selectt »

hi
I have a current wifi network working on the default VLAN 1 with 20 APs.

this is connected to port 0 directly to an untagged port on ALE switch, all working ok

im trying to add a second SSID on a VLAN 10 to connect to another network on in the clients environment.

Created vlan has to assign to your SSID: Configuration > Wireless > AP Configuration >

AP Group > your group > Virtual AP guest ... I have checked the new VLAN 10 and on my your port / portchannel

does this have to be trunk with "allow all VLANs" or your guest vlan specific (but not as native vlan): this means that the guest

vlan is 802.1q-tagged at the port.

Does the navtive VLAN need entering ?

also can you set a second DHCP for vlan 10 within the controller or will it come from the network side of the VLAN (DHCP SERVER) ?

thank you
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OAW-4504 vlan

Post by silvio »

Hi,
You need "trunk" native vlan is your untagged vlan 1. And allowed "all" or 1 and 10
Yes, you can create a lot of dhcp-ranges. the OAW needs than an own ip interface in vlan 10.
regards
Silvio
selectt

Post by selectt »

yes that worked I also had to tag the port to the other switch, thank you for your help
lsahidin

Post by lsahidin »

Hi,
Is there any image provide here? So I can compare and check with my existing configuration. cause I use different vlan on different building, what I want is APs can get ip from DHCP server in different vlan. for example, AP01 on vlan 1 get ip 192.168.10.x and AP02 on vlan 2 get ip 192.168.20.x from same dhcp server. thanks in advance.
Regards,
Luqman

Return to “OmniAccess WLAN Switching Systems (OEM)”