Is the Omni stellar AP 1101 compatible with OmniAccess Mobility Master

Also known as OmniAccess Instant AP
xtra121

Is the Omni stellar AP 1101 compatible with OmniAccess Mobility Master

Post by xtra121 »

Hi all,

We have a new plant in which the electrician is about to install 10 AP1101 in our production area.
Our needs will increese the nececity of adding new APs. We will quickly reech the limit of 16 Aps described in the datasheet. by adding APs in the dock area and Office...

As the installation is on its way for the 10 first APs, I have no possibility to change those equipments.

To insure the extensibility of the system, I wish to migrate the installation to a controller based infrastructure. the Virtual Master controller would fit our needs if I can make sure the AP1101 is compatible.

Neither the AP1101 nor the Master control datasheets specifices the prerequisites for compatibility ... (licence, firmware, compatible APs etc ...)

Thanks for your help !
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Is the Omni stellar AP 1101 compatible with OmniAccess Mobility Master

Post by silvio »

Hi,
you have some possibilities (with actual release 3.0.2.38):
1. express mode (virtual controller at one AP) with only AP1101: you can use up to 32 AP within one cluster
2) express mode with at least 4x AP1221/1222 (or higher): up to 64 AP in cluster
3) enterprise mode (with omnivista 2500 or omnivista cirrus for management): up to 512 AP

regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniAccess Wireless Access Points”