MIPT out of service

user1

MIPT out of service

Post by user1 »

Hi all,

I got an scenario with ip telephony provided by OXE 10.0 and wireless by Aruba 6.3. The problem is our mipt 8118 gets constantly "out of service" for 7 seconds every 37 seconds. When there is a phone call active, ringing,.. this behaviour doesn't happen. When mipt are out of service, OXE see the mipt not registered for 7 seconds (the same seconds you are notified in the mipt's screen), but it doesn't lose connectivity with wifi network (no lost of packets).

Hope you can help with this issue. Thanks a lot!
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: MIPT out of service

Post by silvio »

Have you checked the troubleshooting page of the phones web-site? login with admin/changeme.
Is a ping to the phone also interrupted?

via MGR you can try to increase:
UDP Lost, UDP keep alive, UDP Lost Reinit (IP - Duplication Parameter or QoS)

regards
Silvio
user1

Post by user1 »

No, the ping is not interrupted at any time.
We "played" changing those 3 values you mention but they didn't modify this issue.

We will check troubleshooting on web's page.

I attach a capture in OXE when issue is happening. Please filter for mipt's ip address 84.89.233.249

Thanks a lot for your reply!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silvio

Post by silvio »

In the capture I can't see the reason - also I'm not sure which time is without error and which with. You have to compare both captures - and have to find the missing packets before the Interrupt.
By the way: did you realy use puplic IP for the phones and all of your devices in your network.
What is the used Firmware in the mipt?
regards
Silvio
user1

Post by user1 »

Hi Silvio,

we see the light! we believe problem was with missmatch in mipt's firmware between OXE and mipt. Now we put firmware 5.x in mipt and no in "Reset for update authorized" and the device is working fine. We are still in five days of "watching period"

The public addresses are for our customer, a public biomedical research foundation.

Thanks a lot for your help

Return to “Mobile IPTouch Phones (MIPT)”