MIPT Loses association after certain period

AndyK

MIPT Loses association after certain period

Post by AndyK »

Hi All

trust everyone is well?

Hoping someone can assist.

I have a client with a WiFi solution, they have around 40+ MIPT phones
the issue i am having is that all work fine... when phone is switched on.
However... if the phone is not used for a period of time, example 10 min..... the phone loses connection (or wifi association) and the only means to get it working again is to do a hard reset (take the battery out and put it back)

any ideas?
They are using an OAW4604 controller with 22+ OAWAP65 access points

Please help
Regards
Andy
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: MIPT Loses association after certain period

Post by silvio »

Hi Andy,
your phones (MIPT 310/610) and AP's (AP65) sounds like a very old installation. Both are EOS since more than 6 years. So my questions: is this issue a new one? If yes - what is different now? How long did it work without this issue? Have you tested with othe phones (OT81x8)? Are all your phones involved? If no - try to exchange battery between a phone with and without issue.

regards
Silvio
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Hi Sylvio

thanks for your response.
in response to your questions, the client is using primarily 8118 instruments with a couple of 8128's
the Wi-Fi infrastructure is fairly aged but the client is not prepared to upgrade at the moment (AP65)

they did away with the older 310/610 instruments and they did away with the SVP server and I think since then its been giving some grief.
this however was done about half a year ago, and the chap that configured it no longer works for us.

they say its a general issue and that it happens to all the phones at some point, the strange thing is, is that its only if you don't use it for a while.
e.g.: if I leave it on the table and come back a few minutes later, if you constantly using it then all is fine.

regards
Andy
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi Andy,
there are a lot of things to configure in OAW. In BP you finde some docs - f.e. wlan-design-guide "actuall vowlan_design_guide_r5.5_ot_r2.1_oxe_r11.1_otc_ed1_0.pdf" . Also TC0096 and TC1832. But maybe its better for you to look in an older guide (without 11n and without 11ac) - maybe R5.3.

Also you can try to update/downgrade some (or one) of the phones to find a release where the issue did not occure.
regards
Silvio

Return to “Mobile IPTouch Phones (MIPT)”