Add IAP 205

gjortega

Add IAP 205

Post by gjortega »

Hi, I'm trying to implement a full Unified Access laboratory (wired and wireless) through the Omnivista 2500 but currently I can only add switches to the OV. Is there a way to add wireless devices in order to send the UNPs to them?

I'm using Omnivista 2500 V4.2.1 R01
I have an Alcatel IAP 205.

Thanks in advance
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Add IAP 205

Post by silvio »

you can add also the IAP to OV (I do this in my installation). But I haven't done test with UNP and IAP.
In the OV guide I find this:
The Unified Policies Device Selection Screen is used to select the switches to which you want to apply the Policy. Select an option (Use Switch Picker/Use Topology), and select the device(s). Click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen or click on Set Condition on the left side of the screen to move to the next step. If necessary, you can also click the Back button to return to the screen and add/delete devices.
Note: In Expert Mode, you can only select AOS Devices for Policy creation. However, you can select wireline and wireless devices when creating Unified Policies. Also note that you cannot select IAP Devices when creating Unified Policies.

But at Unified Access it should be possible (but never tested).

regards
Silvio
gjortega

Post by gjortega »

Thanks for the reply Silvio.

How do I add the IAP to the OV? Do I need the MIB files? In case I need the MIB files, where can I find them? I was looking for them with no luck.
silvio

Post by silvio »

you didn't need any MIBs.
Make in your IAP your SNMP-setting (f.e. for create a snmp v3 user). In OV make discover with this credentials for the specific ip range (or add a single device).
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v3.5”