How make "CLICK TO CALL" with OXE

This is the main discussion forum, if the subject that you want to talk about is not listed around here.
jpissot

How make "CLICK TO CALL" with OXE

Post by jpissot »

Hi,

My customer wants to make calls by clicking on number (outlook, document, ....).

How can we make "click to call" with OXE?

CCA agent and Agent CSTA licences are they mandatory?

thanks
Eliott
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: How make "CLICK TO CALL" with OXE

Post by Eliott »

There are different ways.
Yes, CCA/4980/TSAPI / CSTA licenses are needed.
For Outlook there are plugins for ICS/OTUC but I think you need an third party tool if you wanna dial from every program using a shortcut.
jpissot

Post by jpissot »

Have you more precision for the third party?

Thanks
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

Certified? Could be found here: https://applicationpartner.alcatel-luce ... LICATION--
But any TAPI provider will do it - i think.
Just need to say if you have a OUTC at all?
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

Hello everybody,

my customer has the same demands: Click-to-call and CTI (in best solution with presence management, chat or somethin else).
The big problem is: We can't install something on the terminal servers. We can use only a portable application, which doesn't need entrys in HKLM, a Java-Application or a Web-Application.
We have licensed OmniDesktop 4980 Softphone for a few users, so i can test with these software: it works portable without installation.
But i need a solution for 1.000 Users and the usability of 4980 Softphone is not verry good.

Know we have contacted a bigger reseller to give us some ideas. But nothing :-(
Estos, C4B (C4B has the best functionality for us) need an installation / the Webinterface dosn't support click-to-call. Telesnap is verry old.
Does anybody know a CTI-Software which runs portable without installation or a Java/Web-Application which fulfills our requirements?

Thank you for all ideas. ;-)

Best regards
smileyman

PS: The last idea i have is to use a normal application with ThinApp or somethin else.
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

OmniDesktop 4980 Softphone -> not supported from many releases iirc.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

Yes krzysioD, you are right: it is not supported since a while. This is the second reason, why i'm searching for an other product.
But i can't find a solution for this problem :-(

smileyman
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

You will in 100% some middleware as oxe supports a limited (8 iirc) CSTA links.
How Envox is called nowadays?
Maybe OXE + ALU XMLwebservice and a web-based app on the very same server, XML is popular and easy to write in some scripting language? no client dependency mac, linux or windows - you could even use it on some PDA or in kiosk-mode.
But remeber XMLwebservice is for PHONE not the user - so you manage object type of phone! (no agent etc..)
Click to call = omnivista + some directory licese ? or it supports only an internal to internal calls?
Well i'm not a presale from 5 years so i will not tell you the best option for you. But 6-7 years ago, the simplest thing was: (we had x306 as appliance, so add another x306 with ) server with xml services, a PHP+(without a MySQL!)+apache on a chroot in this webservices - and it took like 4 hours for student to have some nice app - click to call, a "*40 / #40" or "someone was calling you - clip is ..., call-back?" Just check for licensing options / prices.
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

OmniVista supports in my opinion only local calls from the own LDAP-Directory, and only from own webpage. - Or do you have an other trick to do this with OmniVista?

XML ist an idea. - Do you have a sample or SDK-Paper. I' sure this is available in BPWS, but i can't find it :-(

Thank you for the advice to Envox. I will contact this company next days. (Is this the new company syntellect?)
Anybody knows an other CTI-Developer?

Best regards
smileyman
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

Syntellect is only a base CTI-Platform for own generated CTI-Applications, or i'm wrong?

Return to “MAIN”