OXE Upgrade 11.2 to R12.2

This is the main discussion forum, if the subject that you want to talk about is not listed around here.
junoooni

OXE Upgrade 11.2 to R12.2

Post by junoooni »

I am planning to upgrade one customer from OXE R11.2 to R12.2... It is a common HW based system with duplicated CS-2... I was referring to TC2473 but it confused me a bit with:

Page 17: Coming from ANY version <12.0 the cpu MUST be reformatted
Page 28: PC Installer is no more supported. Installing old versions will be not available as well as boards firmware reload.
Page 39: Do not proceed by switchover for 2 different releases: a complete stop of the telephony is required. It is not recommended also to proceed by “bascul” when installing a static patch though there is no clear rule established. During that time (patch n & patch n+1 on main & stand-by), the command “twin” may return the status “KO” for the “memloader” check.

What i need to know is:

1- What backup options shall I select before starting upgrade?
2- Can I upgrade Standby Server first and then do a restore on it?
3- Can I do a bascul on upgraded standby so that new release can takeover?
4- Once upgraded server takeover, GD will restart automatically or do I need to manually restart GD and GA to enable download of new binaries?
5- All the IP Phones will be upgraded automatically or do I need to reset (most of phones are 8018)
6- How long with be downtime?
tgn

Re: OXE Upgrade 11.2 to R12.2

Post by tgn »

junoooni wrote: Page 17: Coming from ANY version <12.0 the cpu MUST be reformatted
this mens there is no possibility to install on 2nd partitions.
junoooni wrote: Page 28: PC Installer is no more supported. Installing old versions will be not available as well as boards firmware reload.
this means you have to use the software orchestration tool when doing the cpu installation on the official way (but pc installer 5.4 will work too at the moment)
junoooni wrote: Page 39: Do not proceed by switchover for 2 different releases: a complete stop of the telephony is required. It is not recommended also to proceed by “bascul” when installing a static patch though there is no clear rule established. During that time (patch n & patch n+1 on main & stand-by), the command “twin” may return the status “KO” for the “memloader” check.
this means you have to plan a downtime of the phone system.
junoooni wrote: 1- What backup options shall I select before starting upgrade?
just backup all that you can backup in swinst menu.
also think about rebuilding the database index and check for database errors.
junoooni wrote: 2- Can I upgrade Standby Server first and then do a restore on it?
yes. you can install there (but think about the harddisk age).
junoooni wrote: 3- Can I do a bascul on upgraded standby so that new release can takeover?
no (as written on page 39)
junoooni wrote: 4- Once upgraded server takeover, GD will restart automatically or do I need to manually restart GD and GA to enable download of new binaries?
yes, it will download new binaries and will reboot more than once to flash it.
junoooni wrote: 5- All the IP Phones will be upgraded automatically or do I need to reset (most of phones are 8018)
yes. but may be delayed or switched off depending on phone feat. cos or phones tcp/ip parameters.
junoooni wrote: 6- How long with be downtime?
it depends on severeal factors... one, two or three hours... or more if you running in problems... better try it on a test system before the real upgrade if you have a problem with a longer downtime.

regards...
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
ademaio

Post by ademaio »

Make sure you’re server hardware can support the new Version I had to order new servers for one of my nodes because the bios couldn’t be upgraded to the latest release that 12.2 needs to be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

Make sure you also rebuild the DB with the fichges command before you back it up and install on the Rel 12.x system
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Thanks alot for all the valuable feedback...

I have CS-2 and it was installed only a year back so HDD age and physical server HW shouldnt be an issue...

My only concern is to convince customer for a longer downtime...
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

If long time is a concern what our OXE guys did was to take a small caninet and plug critical lines. Public, and few admin stations or Ip. Idea was to allow external critical communication. Later you just unplug and leave with customers one

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

I am planning as below:

1- disconnect standby from network and upgrade and restore backup.
2- Once standby is online, disconnect current active and connect new upgraded CS to network.
3- Reboot GD and ensure all services are back online
4- Upgrade the disconnected CS and restore backup.
5- Connect it back to network
6- Check twin and ensure everything fine

How does this sound? Any drawbacks?

junoooni

Post by junoooni »

I am planning as below:

1- disconnect standby from network and upgrade and restore backup.
2- Once standby is online, disconnect current active and connect new upgraded CS to network.
3- Reboot GD and ensure all services are back online
4- Upgrade the disconnected CS and restore backup.
5- Connect it back to network
6- Check twin and ensure everything fine

How does this sound? Any drawbacks?

junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Update:

I had downloaded R12.2 and installed PC Installer 5.4?available in iso image.

Did grubboot ether command, CS2 rebooted and it is getting stuck at acquiring IP address and after sometime it fails to get IP address and reboots.

On my laptop, i have disabled all NIC’s and only ethernet active which is connected to CS2 using straight cable (no IP address assigned to latop)

Firewall is off, defender is off, antivirus stopped. Still no luck..

Installed SOT using VMware player and Virtual Box, both starts SOT VM successfully and show message SOT is ready to accept web client connection on https://10.1.1.55 (default IP) i can ping this IP but web browser does not open, tried with chrome, firefox, edge, IE nothing helped.

Any ideas please.. M sure many of you would have done this or similar upgrades.

mbabastro

Post by mbabastro »

Please i need de document TC2473

Return to “MAIN”