Official upgrade steps

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
L_lefante

Official upgrade steps

Post by L_lefante »

Hi guys,

Looking for ALU official steps to upgrade system release i found TC1854_OmniPCX_Enterprise_patch_aligment_procedure_en_Ed03 (Attached).
Even though it has a short intro explaining how to read the document it is not clear for me.

According to this doc, is it supposed that one should go through every Software version (e.g R8.0.1-->R9.0-->R9.1-->R10-->R10.1 and so on) ???

Maybe you have seen it and have official information, or maybe you dont and you can give me a second opinion on how do you understand this.

I know that in practice you can upgrade directly without going through every version. So, my question it is not about how do you do it or past experiences, but about to find together how is it "supposed" to be done.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Official upgrade steps

Post by cavagnaro »

Please, please, please, contact an ACSE engineer to do this task...not recommended for beginners or users without proper training. All the "supposed" things are explained for certified engineers.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
L_lefante

Post by L_lefante »

We have already done "this task" many times with different releases. I have also opened a eSR consulting about this.
The intention was to share about this doc if there is any understanding about it, maybe you understand it and have something to share.

I wasnt asking about how to do it, I didnt even say I was going to do it, i was asking for an opinion about a particular doc.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Ok,
What this doc says is what you can't do:

Example:
vvvvv from i1.605.31, you cannot move to j1.410.36
Means, if you have i1.605.31 you can't and shouldn't install j1.410.36 directly, you should go to j1.410.40.d instead.

Also indicates which versions are compatible for that other release as minimum.

From a R8 you can go to R11 by exporting the DB of R8 (cleaning first) and then load it on a R11 release for example. No need to go over R9, R10...

About patches, which versions bring the same fixes as minimum.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
dvid9976

Post by dvid9976 »

hello there

I know I'm posting to a very old thread, but I agree the doc is a bit confusing.. latest edtion of TC1854 incorporates a button to validate the "coming" and "go to" versions.

lets say I want to go from k1.400.37 (R11) to M3.402.22.c (12.2); the macro in the excel file says "RELEASE COMPATIBLE".
my doubt is about the static patch alignment, because in the related tab in the excel file, I can only find a correspondence from k1.400.37 to L1.301.25 (11.1).

Does it means that intermediate upgrades have to be performed between versions to get to R12.2 keeping correction patches aligned or that the latest M3.402.22.c is supossed to contain all older corrections?

thank you

Return to “Software Loading”