Extrage behavior PC_Installer and CPU6

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
aflores

Extrage behavior PC_Installer and CPU6

Post by aflores »

Hello Friends.

I have and extrage situation trying to load R8.0 (g1302) to an CPU6.

I know this kind of topic have been cónsult before, I have read many posts but I did not find a solution (and I needed).

This is the enviroment:

1 PC and 1 Laptop witch Windows 7 Proffesional, The laptop have been recently formated, clean installation, so it doesn´t have any other program installed, just PC_Installer and "no antivirus no any other programs" just PC_Installer.

When I try to load the R.8 versión to CPU6, I got the error: "no tftp response". There is a Little conversation between CPU6 an PC_Installer since I got to see on PC_Installer the mac of the CPU6, and the IP address assigned.

New IDE hard disk 20GB (Hitachi), also have used an used Samsung 20GB HD too, with the same behavior, "no tftp response".

At the Bios menú I ran the option 1, test, in all cases all the test goes "Passed" and the HD have been detected properly, it shows the model number of the HD so, the HDs are ringts are good.

IF, I use an CPU5 or CPU7 the installation of the R8 goes perfects, it starts inmmeditly without any trouble (also have tested with R8.01 and also everythin goes perfect). So it means for me that the versión is right, it is not corrupted.

If I used CPU6 just dont work it keeps saying "no tftp response"

PC or laptop Configurations done: IP Addresses have been use 191.254.1.1 , or 10.253.253.50, masks 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0 or 255.255.255.192
IP address assingned to the CPU 191.254.1.2 or 191.254.1.250 or 10.253.253.51
I have used direct cable or Company network configuration.
Cross patch cords also have used a small hub for use right patch cord.

I got another (3th) HD with R8.0 already Installed on it on a CPU6 too. If I install the other HD on CPU6 it initialized properly, without any trouble.
I have instaled OPS with IP Touch users license and configured users aun the IP Touches take the binaries from CPU6 without any trouble, so, for me the CPU6 board is right, it is working fine.

I have read some TCs including 1319 and for me, everything is right on PC on Laptop on configuratio but still got the error

I got another CPU6 board and it is still the same behavior

So, my question is: Is there ANY specific configuration that have to be done for load any reléase versión to and CPU6?

Sorry for this post too large, Thanks for Reading and help.

Regards

AFlores

PD: May be I skip some ussuals detaills (just tired at this moment) ,all Works fine on CPU5 and CPU7 but not with CPU6

Re: Extrage behavior PC_Installer and CPU6

Post by aflores »

UPDATE.

Sorry I made a mistake, the error that I got is:

BOOTP request in progress .....................
Connection timed out : BOOTP server not responding.

Regards.

AFlores

Re: Extrage behavior PC_Installer and CPU6

Post by alex »

It could happen - depends on ACT version and CPU version. Try connecting with old hub (10MB/half-duplex), or set your PC LAN-adapter to 10 MB and half-duplex mode.
Long ago I have a problem that CPU6 lost its MAC-address (so it was 00:00:00:00:00:00) and BOOTP was not working. So check with menu 1 which MAC-address is actual.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “Software Loading”