Chorus loading in IBM 306 m series.

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
Prakash PV

Chorus loading in IBM 306 m series.

Post by Prakash PV »

Hi All,
I need to know the procedure for loading chorus on IBM 306 x series Appliance server.I have installed the pcx installer in my laptop & have connected cross cable & manage the IP address in both.I am able to ping.I have also connected monitor ,key board to AS & console cable from AS to my laptop,on bootup of server I am interrupting bios by pressing F1.I am not getting the boot from Ethernet menu to load chorus.i am stuck here.Can anyone help me from here.Can u share some screen shots or let me know the menu options on screen & how to proceed further.You can also mail me on prakash.venugopal@techmahindra.com.

Also can you share the same on HP server.Is it the same as IBM or different.

I have both the server's in my lab for practice session.

Thanx&Regards
p.v.prakash
pune india
alcatec

Re: Chorus loading in IBM 306 m series.

Post by alcatec »

Is the typical Mandrake Linux OS already loaded, as in a typical OXE AS? If so, one option is to let Linux boot up. Login "mtcl" then login as root. Enter command "grubboot ETHER", like you do for the common hardware CS cards. Say "yes" when asked "are you sure?". There's no turning back from that point. The server will reboot to network.

Make sure your PC Installer is set to "Appliance Server" in the server type drop-down menu.

If there is no OS loaded, I'd be surprised that the server isn't automatically going into a network boot mode. Otherwise, try entering BIOS from the KVM ports and prioritize the network interface in the boot order.

Shawn
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by krzysioD »

Guys:

chorus -- A unix operating system and
IBM 306 x series -- A x86-type server

don't work with each other. Linux Mandrake is base for Releases 5.01 Lx and newer, Chorus ( OXE up to 5.01 Ux ) will load on CPU6 or CPU5_3 and work very, very well, but i see no way to put Chorus + <=R5.01 Ux running on Appliance Server.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
alcatec

Post by alcatec »

Sorry, didn't notice "Chorus" in your subject line. "Unix" would have been more clear to me. Don't know what else to say.

Return to “Software Loading”