g.1.503.12 missing partition duplication

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
torrentula
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

g.1.503.12 missing partition duplication

Post by torrentula »

I have a system on g1503.12 that I need to upgrade to 17d, but when I go into the swinst menu option 3 is just cloning operations and has no options for partition duplication???

I assume this is fucked in this release, as I have never seen this missing before...can someone confirm??

Is there a command that I can run to duplicate the partitions? I really don't want to take the customer down to do a full install and database restore.

Thanks...
torrentula

Re: g.1.503.12 missing partition duplication

Post by torrentula »

So what it looks like is the duplication menu and the switch on inactive partition are missing from the swinst menu.

What the F^&% :shock:

So I cannot duplicate the partitions and I cannot switch on the inactive partition.

Someone know the commands to kick these off from the command line? you would be my saviour :D

Thanks
Gedeon

Post by Gedeon »

Use "ver2cho visible" and "df -v" to see all partitions from your disk (ver2cho hidden to mask the second part of the disk).
If you don't see the DHS3bin2, DHS3data2, etc... your disk is not partitioned for duplication.
This configuration is the default if the disk is too small, or if you force this in the configuration file when you load the CPU (but, they are not many people what know this possibility).
It's also possible if the partitions are defined manually when the loading, due to problem during linux installation.

If you have not the duplicated partitions, it's too hard, and not a good idea on a client configuration, to redefined manually the second parts. Some partition are not linux format.

G.
torrentula

Post by torrentula »

Those partitions are there, but I am seeing some strange errors. I am going to load from scratch and restore a backup.

I don't want to run into more problems down the road.

Thanks for your reply G...

Return to “Software Loading”