4400 Release 2.1 loading

PCInstaller, it's tricks, it's problems...
externalgateway_DUP

4400 Release 2.1 loading

Post by externalgateway_DUP »

Hi,

I have a problem with loading 4400 CPU with release 2.1 ... I need that to make a backup HDD for our customer, who still uses this old PBX.

Does anybody have some documentation about how to load R2.1 or could anyone just write me a procedure in a few steps how to do it .... I started working with alcatel 1 year ago and I have never been loading old releases.

Thanks
Best regards,

Miha
root

Re: 4400 Release 2.1 loading

Post by root »

you need the old bootp tool, just ask a oldi to do this job :lol: :lol: :lol:
externalgateway_DUP

Hi,

Yes, I know that I need some old bootp tool. As far as I know, I also need to create some file bootptab or sth. like that... What information should be in that file?

What is the procedure after that? I start bootp tool, turn on the CPU and choose to boot from ethernet? Or is there different procedure?

Thanks

br, Miha
alurfe

Post by alurfe »

you need edit the booptab file and search the string:

:NB_FREE_IP_ADDR=1:\
:FIRST_FREE_IP_ADDR=xxx.yyy.www.zzz:
This is the IP address that BOOTPD assign to the cpu, you can use an Ip address of your PC network.

Put in the directory dhs3mgr the delivery software, the static patch and the dynamic patch, in the BOOTP directory in on the software CD and contains the cpu loading software subdirectory and the swinst package.
1) launch the bootpd and set the drive where you have the software
2) turn on the cpu, enter in the bios and choose boot from ethernet
3) choose Standard installation
4)choose the static patch directory example: \dhs3mgr\b351917p.XX (XX is the country: fr for FRANCE)
5) choose the loading file example: #12.145. write # and the subdirectory name in directory BOOT: ex 12.145 for cpu5 or 12.141 for cpu3.
6) at the end of loading load from swinst the dinamyc patch and create an empty database.

good work
we were not made in order living like brutes, but in order to follow virtue and acquaintance.
externalgateway_DUP

Hi,

Thank you very much

best regards,
miha

Return to “Software Loading”