SIP trunk tutorial

smith_user

Re: SIP trunk tutorial

Post by smith_user »

Thanks again for your help tot3nkopf. i really appreciate it. There are a lot of gaps in my knowledge and its difficult to get an holistic understanding of whats going on from a newbie perspective. Ive attached the ARS with IP Config as requested. I guess i dont really understand whats going on in the numbering plans as they were all set up long before i got here, and there are secondary trunk groups and numbering plans in the ranges that i wanted to use the asterisk extensions. So I assume that i am meant to put the numbering ranges into the internal numbering plan where it would look up the routing in the ARS and then send those internal numbers through the sip trunk to the asterisk box. The only problem is (aside from me not being able to connect the sip trunk at the moment) when i put in the numbering plan (extensions "subscriber-1000-1100 base 1000") i get the error number in existing range is prefix in another range. yet there doesnt seem to be anything in that range? only the number pickup starting with 1. (yeah i know im getting ahead of myself here sorry).
ARS.jpg
gateway_params.jpg
trunk_group_list.jpg
numbering_plans.jpg
asterisk_extensions.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: SIP trunk tutorial

Post by tot3nkopf »

Depending on how you have declared the trunk group (private or public) the numbers received are analyzed in private or public numbering plan.
Regarding ranges:
in internal numbering plan you may have 100 to 299 base 100 9which means that internally you will have 200 extensions from 100 to 299.
in public nb plan you can have: 311400 to 311599 base 100, which means that the external number of extension 200 is 311500

For voip you need to consider also the canonical format. read this part in the documentation.

Regarding transit calls --> things to consider:
--> joining between incoming and outgoing trunks
--> barring category of the incoming trunk (has to be the same as for a user able to dial outside)
--> consider sending ARS or trunk group seizure in front of the external number from Asterisk
--> declare ARS or trunk group seizure in private or public numbering plan (depending on your case).

Return to “Asterisk”