4008EE/4018EE phones on Asterisk - Registration no renewed

tscott

4008EE/4018EE phones on Asterisk - Registration no renewed

Post by tscott »

Hi,

I am facing a problem using these phones with Asterisk 13. When the phone boots up it registers with Asterisk without any problem but when the registration expires it is never renewed and therefore Asterisk sees it as unavailable. I am using version 2.11.10 of the phone's SIP firmware.

Any help will be much appreciated :-)
tscott

Re: 4008EE/4018EE phones on Asterisk - Registration no renew

Post by tscott »

FYI,

I solved the problem myself. By default the phone uses port 5060 as a source port when connecting to Asterisk, for some reason this confuses Asterisk and results in this issue. Actually I'm guessing that Asterisk gets confused but it might even be the phone itself. In any case changing the source port used by the phone (parameter "local_sip_port" in sipconfig.txt) solves the problem and REGISTER messages are sent regularly every time the register_expire timer is hit.

Terence
pavel

Re: 4008EE/4018EE phones on Asterisk - Registration no renewed

Post by pavel »

Thanks a lot ! Worked for me with freeswitch.
Pavel.
huntersa

Re: 4008EE/4018EE phones on Asterisk - Registration no renew

Post by huntersa »

tscott wrote: 05 Jan 2015 11:12 FYI,

I solved the problem myself. By default the phone uses port 5060 as a source port when connecting to Asterisk, for some reason this confuses Asterisk and results in this issue. Actually I'm guessing that Asterisk gets confused but it might even be the phone itself. In any case changing the source port used by the phone (parameter "local_sip_port" in sipconfig.txt) solves the problem and REGISTER messages are sent regularly every time the register_expire timer is hit.

Terence
You sir, are a champion!

Was battling with this for a month! changed the port to 5061 and all sorted now

Return to “Asterisk”