IP Touch 4008EE / 4018EE registration expires

tscott

IP Touch 4008EE / 4018EE registration expires

Post by tscott »

Hi,

I am facing a problem that these phones are not re-registering with my Asterisk system after the registration expires. When the phone initially boots up it registers successfully with Asterisk but when the initial registration expires it does not send any REGISTER messages so Asterisk thinks the phone has gone offline and does not forward calls to it. The phone keeps sending OPTIONS messaged to the Asterisk system though.

Is there a way to make the phones send REGISTER messages to Asterisk once the register_expire timer is hit?

Thanks for any help,
Terence
tscott

Re: IP Touch 4008EE / 4018EE registration expires

Post by tscott »

FYI,

I solved the problem myself. By default the phone uses port 5060 as a source port when connecting to Asterisk, for some reason this confuses Asterisk and results in this issue. Actually I'm guessing that Asterisk gets confused but it might even be the phone itself. In any case changing the source port used by the phone (parameter "local_sip_port" in sipconfig.txt) solves the problem and REGISTER messages are sent regularly every time the register_expire timer is hit.

Terence

Return to “Asterisk”