Dialing Issues R8.0 g13026e and g13027

You found one ?
You know about one ?
Share it !
Don

Dialing Issues R8.0 g13026e and g13027

Post by Don »

We found a possible bug in R8.0 version g13027 and g13026e. Initially I had the 6e patch loaded on the system. When dialing LD (Long Distance) through the PRI if you hang up before the called party answers and immediately hit the redial button or try dialing the same number again it will route through the COT trunk (secondary route choice) instead of through the primary route choice of the PRI even though channels are available on PRI. I was able to reproduce this on a constant basis. If you dial another area code (ie:815762xxxx) hang up and then dial the previous original number (708497xxxx) again it will route through the PRI. If you dial LD to your party and connect with them over the PRI hang up and immediatley hit redial it will dial out the PRI. I removed the secondary route choice to the COT's from the Time based routes and was able to force dialing through the PRI on a constant basis, no matter how I changed the scenario. I then loaded patch 7 and tested again with the same results as with patch 6e. This system is using an application server as a CS connected to common equipment. I have opened an SR with ALU and I am waiting for response. I'll update as they come about.

Anyone ran into this before?
sadim
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Dialing Issues R8.0 g13026e and g13027

Post by sadim »

Hello,

It rings my bell.
Check if in the ARS defined for that number, besides the quality "voice", ... if you have the quality "poor" (i think is poor if not is something similar). If yes remove it from that route.

Regards,
Sadim
Don

Post by Don »

Sadim,
Thanks alot! I made the change and it corrected the issue! I appreciate your help!
sadim

Post by sadim »

No problem. Thats the reason we are here.

Sadim

Return to “Bugs & Security issues”