Is Hyper-V supported in OXE stand alone R12.1?

Dear Santa, I'd like a OXE virtualization on my PC. Can you help ?
qwerty

Is Hyper-V supported in OXE stand alone R12.1?

Post by qwerty »

Hello, I searched this site and scoured all Expert docs and could not conclusively find the answer to, "Is Hyper-V supported in OXE stand alone R12.1?"
I see it is supported when OXE is in OT-Suite, but that doesnt answer my question. I appreciate any assistance for someone to make reference to the specific Expert documentation, not just a 'yes' or 'no'. Thank you in advance!
When two elephants fight, only the grass gets hurt.
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Is Hyper-V supported in OXE stand alone R12.1?

Post by oldboy »

what documentation did you scour? As i have just opened Rel 12.1 docos and information is located in it!
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Your reply proves to me that you are excellent at only finding docs, but not the answer. Congratulations on not being helpful though.
For all other Alcatel professionals I will include my resolution I have discovered;
-According to TBE043 Ed.03 page 12, there is a chart that clearly defines what is and is not compatible with Hyper-V. In my request, it is not supported. Hopefully this will assist anyone else who may have had a delay in locating this specific reference among 80.5MB of documents.
Cheers
When two elephants fight, only the grass gets hurt.
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

It isn't supported, but it runs. I was in a unlucky situation, to have to install it one time.
Expect problems, if one will make a backup of the VM. In my case, the VM lost its network and had to be rebooted.
So it has to be excluded from backup.

Regards Mario

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Return to “VMWARE”