unattendant installation

Did you say hacking ?
ReekmansK

unattendant installation

Post by ReekmansK »

Is there a way that i can do an unattended installation of an OXE?

The only thing i can find is combining expect (+ python) -> ttyS0 and mgr -nodico .
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: unattendant installation

Post by krzysioD »

well,
installation is - mostly unattended :)
maybe you mean - 1st programming? like IP etc.. ?
and no - i don't know of any other option - then expect (sorry python is not my preferred choice) by it self and script to install on many vmwares.
There is no business need for that, but you could check - scripts for OTBE/BiCS - they have an OXE on vm - so they must do some - magic auto install :D

And yes - i know what you mean - some times you should have unattended option, just bring spare cpu to your box, click "customer no. 123", OXE goes install + reload the very latest backup, and ready to go!
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
ReekmansK

Re: unattendant installation

Post by ReekmansK »

I my company we try to use default values for entity's, call barring rules,voice guides. I don't like redundant work, so i script...
I found some great tools for copying the static voice guides to the CS -> curl.
I am glad that Alcatel has provided a tool like mgr -nodico wich is verry interesting, even with BASH scripting.
And then there is the expect tool.
Combining all these would increase the speed of the installation time and i have more time for troubleshooting.

I was just wondering i someone had any better idea, where can i find OTBE/BiCS scripts ?

What i don't find is a tool like mgr -nodico for lookups... I've read about cuser, i tried some SQL commands, like SHOW TABLES, SHOW DATABASES, but it returned nothing...

Return to “System Hacking”