Release 10 OXE

Go ahead, shoot for the feature requests, and if anyone knows the solution, they will share it with you. If there is a lot of people who request something, I will make a marketing request directly with Alcatel. A good idea would be to create a poll with each request. Alcatel-Lucent is aware of this forum.
serge

Re: Release 10 OXE

Post by serge »

In the meanwhile I have my information.

I'm sorry that I'm only a customer, but it are the customers who provide you job. I find your reaction very strange in a forum where every discussion is open.
"If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem"
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

JohnBoy wrote:Thought it was only Alcatel trained people on here, like me, an ACSE Release 6.x, 7.x, 8.x and 9.x OXE both core and IP security with 4760 R4.x and 5.x ACSE and CCS ACSE.
Not at JohnBoy that is whole reason for this forum so we can get everyone to go Alcatel....

This is a good place for customer to find answers to issues and also maybe learn a little in the process....
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
MR_PT1

Post by MR_PT1 »

serge wrote:are the customers who provide you job.
Is this. And end point.
OXE ACFE/ACSE Business R8.x/9.0
banfield

Post by banfield »

Hi

Release OXE 10 will not be so big mystery compared to OXE 9.1.
Most of the functions added in OXE 10 have to do with SIP and preparation for the new generation of ALU telephony. As long you stay with OXE hardware and functions just sit still in the boat and just wait it out. The new ALU telephony will be more of a future for new customers if you don’t want to change it all. OXE will be supported for many years to come but you will never get 100% functionality of My IC phone and so on if staying with OXE.

BR
Daniel
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

But it's the same with CCD. The old, good CCD with 4004 as agent phones works like a charm, and well, it's response for a 90%-95% of customer demands, if you go premium and into RSI / Genesys well you have 99.999% of customer needs, but what's the price for this? And level of complication of your site grows exponentially.
The way the PABX (not mentioning the hardware (common hw capacity grow!) and underlying protocols grow (compare sip implementation to isdn) should be more towards IC (it's going that way) and integration with GSM / smartphones.
The possibilities like Video calls are being used by maybe 1% of customers, but smartphone is a must for every CEO / CTO / CXX nowadays, so for ALU nearest future should be to contract with Nokia or HTC and integrate PBX / IC with smartphone etc...
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
OXE_4400

Post by OXE_4400 »

banfield wrote:Hi
Release OXE 10 will not be so big mystery compared to OXE 9.1.
OXE will be supported for many years to come but you will never get 100% functionality of My IC phone and so on if staying with OXE.
BR
Daniel
What You mean talking about some magic features of My IC which will be not available with OXE ?
banfield

Post by banfield »

My IC Phone will work in OXE 10 and have Hotel/Hospital "basic" features. But you will not have all the other features like web integration and "live" movement during conversation between different applications. If you want to have full benefits the phone can offer you will need to be fully registered to the new upcoming SIP media platform that is currently under develop.
OXE_4400

Post by OXE_4400 »

banfield wrote:My IC Phone will work in OXE 10 and have Hotel/Hospital "basic" features. But you will not have all the other features like web integration and "live" movement during conversation between different applications. If you want to have full benefits the phone can offer you will need to be fully registered to the new upcoming SIP media platform that is currently under develop.
Do You have any ideas about dates and functionality? Why some SIP features can't be added to OXE?
banfield

Post by banfield »

The SIP stack that will be used is from Genesys and is on a higher level of fetures lthen OXE. Fetures ike video and so on are included.

Return to “Feature Request”