Release 10 OXE

Go ahead, shoot for the feature requests, and if anyone knows the solution, they will share it with you. If there is a lot of people who request something, I will make a marketing request directly with Alcatel. A good idea would be to create a poll with each request. Alcatel-Lucent is aware of this forum.
serge

Release 10 OXE

Post by serge »

Hi there,

Today I'm on rel. 7.1. installed on 2 appliance servers (Master-Backup mode). We have around 2200 lines.

Alcatel told me I must :( upgrade to the latest rel. 9.1 because after 36 months a release is not supported anymore?
Ok, so I told them I want to upgrade to rel.10.

It seems this rel. 10 is big mystery because it's a "fully new platform". Does anyone have more information on this?

Rgrds
Serge
"If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem"
OXE_4400

Re: Release 10 OXE

Post by OXE_4400 »

First, who told You about OXE 10 at all?
Second, I don't think that exist any reason to create fully new platform, for what at all? Just for fun???
serge

Post by serge »

Alcatel told me this

I need to upgrade to 9.1 and they informed of the rel.10 who is coming. Every year there is the Alcatel Forum in Paris, you will that this year it will be later ... because rel.10 will be presented then.
OXE_4400

Post by OXE_4400 »

~each half year new R is coming but this doesn't mean that some of them is fully new platform. Maybe only R5.0Lx, was first release which started support of Common HW, but this not killed ACT boards, 95% of them is still supported. Of course not each R introduce the same qnt of new HW/features. Lets say that current R9.1 introduced a lot of new things like INTIP3 with 1000Mbps , up to 120 VoIP channles on the same board, GD3 with up to 60 ch., dual stack NOE/SIP on 40x8 phones.
serge

Post by serge »

this afternoon is will see Alcatel ... if I have any info ... i'll posted here
JohnBoy

Post by JohnBoy »

Release 9.1 documentation only came out on the 11th December and the release 9.1 is not available from Alcatel-Lucent as of yet (I am on Alcatel-Lucent now) and will not be released until next year. If on 9.1 that is the case, then release 10 will not come out until at lease mid 2010/Autumn 2010.
Release 7.x and below are no longer supported by Alcatel and you can maintain your 7.1 site until Release 10 comes out if you want but Alcatel-Lucent will not help you.
For any form of support you have to go to release 9 h130134. However if you have GD with expansion modules I do not recommend doing this, as there is a known issue with module expansion units rebooting and taking out the GD also. This issue is known to Alcatel and is with R&D for a fix. Limited patch 37 is not a fix for it.
Hasta la (OMNI) Vista OXE.......
serge

Post by serge »

Well, the Alcatel guy told me that rel.10 will be released mid-summer 2010
JohnBoy

Post by JohnBoy »

Did you read what I put:

If on 9.1 that is the case, then release 10 will not come out until at lease mid 2010/Autumn 2010.

Your customer will have to wait until mid 2010/Autumn 2010, if they cannot wait then Release 9.0 is out at present and is supported by Alcatel.
serge

Post by serge »

Heuh, I am the customer ...
JohnBoy

Post by JohnBoy »

Thought it was only Alcatel trained people on here, like me, an ACSE Release 6.x, 7.x, 8.x and 9.x OXE both core and IP security with 4760 R4.x and 5.x ACSE and CCS ACSE.

Well I am sorry to say but if you are the customer then you will have to wait until Release 10 is available or upgrade to release 9. Either way your choice. But I do recommend you go to your Alcatel-Lucent maintainer of if Alcatel-Lucent maintain you directly then you need to speak with them regfarding purchase of licenses to upgrade your dual appliance servers. As for hardware there would be no additional as since they are appliance servers you do not replace the HDD but perform an upgrade using inactive partitions

Return to “Feature Request”