Salary In Australia

Use this forum if you want to hire someone, or if you are looking for a job :-)
bigmac

Re: Salary In Australia

Post by bigmac »

To be honest I have no ideas on a specific location I guess I was going to be influenced by the role as since I have no ties to a particular part of the country I am open enough (although nothing too rural). I would hope to secure a role and then move rather than move on spec.
I was just trying to get a basic understanding of income otherwise property prices etc are pretty meaningless.
In terms of the doc I posted the only thing that is unclear to me is what they consider a telco engineer vs a voice/data engineer as you could argue either. But given the level of IP deployments and SIP trunking etc I would consider myself more on the voice/data side I think.
troppo65

Post by troppo65 »

Australia is big, we have separate states and cost of living (property prices etc.) vary greatly.

Eastern states (NSW, QLD, VIC) have the population density and more employment opportunities, but higher cost of living (esp. NSW).

The other states are the opposite.

I think the best way of doing the research would be to hit google for some of the larger Alcatel Partners, drop them a resume and see what they are offering currently.

I'm is SA, one of the lower cost of living states, and we would pay around $60k+ pa, super, fully paid vehicle and fuel, phone, laptop etc. as a package for someone with your skillset. This can vary depending on marketplace demand of course.
Bossing

Post by Bossing »

check www.seek.com.au For that experience, you will be looking at around $80k mark.
MTConsulting

Post by MTConsulting »

Big mac,

I have worked on AL since 1996, left AL in 2000 due to pathetic wages and worked for dealers, I started on $95k...in 2000!...I left the company oldboy works for on $103k + bonuses......this talk of you only being worth $60k is utter bullshit! You should be asking between $100-120k + expenses MINIMUM !!!! I can put you onto some recruiters that will get you real money.
ACNoob

Post by ACNoob »

Hi Guys,

I know I am joining this 1.5 years too late, but I am now also looking to move to Oz! My skillset is a bit over the place, but I manage all of them very well at a few really large clients.

I have ACSE Data Rel 5 and renewed Rel 6
ACSE Wi-Fi Rel 6
ACSE Vital QIP 7.1
ACFE OXE Rel 9
I have 6 years working experience in OXE, mostly at large corporate clients.
I have some MPLS experience, but with a bit of a refresher, I could be top notch again :)

Firstly, would this skillset be worth anything in Oz, if so, what would I be looking at Salary wise, I am looking at moving to the Queensland area.

Regards
ACNoob

Return to “JOBS”