Installing new ACTIS/OPS files - Properly

Alcatel Configuration Tool for International Sales -all ACTIS related topics, how-to's, tips and tricks.
wishihad

Installing new ACTIS/OPS files - Properly

Post by wishihad »

We recently added some new ip sets and the associated actis files to our 8.1 OXE. Then a few days later we started receiving soft lock errors and all the sets started displaying "call your installer" while in use.
I was told by another installer that we did not install the OPS and other files correctly.
So can someone provide the "proper" method for installing the license files, please?
Thanks
sera544

Post by sera544 »

Hi,

Let me explain the procedure, u can find out where ur doing the mistake, after u make a addon in actis , u add the license then export order, once u export order in actis u can see actis offer turned into blue colour and status will be locked, u receive the *.swk file from ALU website, now copy ur *.swk file to actis computer, go to actis click on the offer which is in blue colour then click order ( u can see it in top of the page) then click read order server result, it will ask u select the .swk file , select the swk file which u received from alcatel and click ok , u will get a new screen click finish..

Now actis acknowledge the swk file, offer status will be changed from locked stat to finished status, right click the offer click export then click mao, save the files somewhere in the folders, u will get a complete ops...now copy this ops to system and install it,

whenever u install the ops check panic flag, via spadmin command..if u nedd anything get back to us...

Note :- If u receive the *.swk and *.sw4760 should be put it in the same folders...so actis will select 4760 file automatically..

cheers..
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

In duplicated system OPS files must be installed on both CPU (or main one and after mastercopy on twin CPU).
wishihad

Post by wishihad »

Ok, so far it looks like we did everything correctly.

Now we replace all the files in /usr4/BACKUP/OPS with the new ones, CORRECT?
xx.hw
xx.sw4760
xx.swk
xx.zip
hardware.mao

Then use Swinst to install on the main cpu, Correct?
Then either clone from the twin or repeat above on the twin, Correct?

Thanks for help!
jybronto

Post by jybronto »

sera544 wrote:go to actis click on the offer which is in blue colour then click order ( u can see it in top of the page) then click read order server result, it will ask u select the .swk file , select the swk file which u received from alcatel and click ok , u will get a new screen click finish..
Hello, can I ask you, what I have to do if i lost my actis files, for example in case of computer broke? Is it possible to create OPS file in this case?
freedom

Post by freedom »

You could get the OPS files from the callserver and import them into Actis.
vad

Post by vad »

You can do next (you need to have swk file - f.e. download from BPWS):
- create the same PBX in ACTIS.
- export order.
- then click order ( u can see it in top of the page) then click read order server result, it will ask u select the .swk file (name must be the same like in your offer - rename exist swk file) , select the swk file which u received from alcatel and click ok , u will get a new screen click finish..
vad

Post by vad »

If you in first step cannot create the same PBX:
- you have "grey" file in Actis - chose patch before add-on, change or move shelf/ board like you want.
- you have new file with good HW and without new SW - export order, export mao.
If PBX in old release - you need old Actis version for 1st step (in previous post).
wishihad

Post by wishihad »

jybronto wrote:Hello, can I ask you, what I have to do if i lost my actis files, for example in case of computer broke? Is it possible to create OPS file in this case?
I believe I've been Hi-Jacked! ;)
sera544

Post by sera544 »

Hi wishihad,

if u lost actis file...it happens...i this case u can try this...download *.swk file from website...take a back up ops file in cpu disk, connect via ftp software , go to DHS3dyn>backup>OPS folder, here u can see the ops files which u have done the backup, delete the *.swk file put ur new *.swk file, go to swinst install the ops files from cpudisk...i did for some clinets in this way...then i realized this was worng method,, u can try this and let us know...

cheers...

Return to “ACTIS”