ALCATEL OT Y580

This forum is for misc discussions that have nothing to do with Alcatel-Lucent.
SquallDNA

ALCATEL OT Y580

Post by SquallDNA »

i know i posted this in the wrong forum. but i just want to try.

my problem is, i have this modem i bought locked to a certain carrier SMART in the Philippines to be exact.
the thing is, i cant create an new profile where i can add a new APN. the carrier disabled it. apparently i was able to unlock it and wanted to use a different carrier but unable to because APNs cant be added. so my question is, is there an firmware that can be used to flash my device so that i can have a generic type of dashboard? i already tried the ones found in this site http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-e ... 4q1oHKSxmx
but only one works. and the rest gave me ERROR: customer id not matched. i hope someone could help me. thanks
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: ALCATEL OT Y580

Post by cavagnaro »

Don't think we can help, but xda-developers.com forums might. They specialize on issues like yours
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
SquallDNA

Re: ALCATEL OT Y580

Post by SquallDNA »

cavagnaro wrote:Don't think we can help, but xda-developers.com forums might. They specialize on issues like yours
i think xda specializes more on android phones... my alcatel is a WIFI MODEM only.. i tried GSMhosting before posting here, still no luck, but i was able to network unlock my modem with their help. anyway thanks for responding.

Return to “Outside World”