Looking for Call by Name License (OXE 8.x)

If you are looking for some parts, or selling some Alcatel stuff, this is the place !
tpietsch

Looking for Call by Name License (OXE 8.x)

Post by tpietsch »

Our licenses for call by Name functionality are run out.
Our dealer told me that we have to update to 12.x which costs a lot. Alternatively we have to buy a new system.
The presumable partid which I have is 3BA09091JA.
So I am wondering if there is a chance to buy these licenses as used somewhere.
Any idea ?
Any tips are very apreciated.
Thanks a lot

Thomas
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Looking for Call by Name License (OXE 8.x)

Post by cavagnaro »

Nope, that can't be done. You can't buy licenses for a system without support and less for an old system like that. OXE 8 is quite old and buggy.

Maybe integration with external AD? So if name isn't found at OXE it should go to search that AD, by searching the forum you will find the How-to

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
tpietsch

Post by tpietsch »

Thanks for reply.
That is excatly what our dealer told me.
The thing is that we are satisfied with the current solution and I can't believe that there is no way to obtain more call by Name licenses for our new users without updating the whole system.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

That is because a simple idea.
Imagine you upload the license file and then have a problem (it happens, quite not uncommon) Then you do what? Complain of course, but you would need support. As you don't have support then...what?
Imagine the scenario to purchase licenses for a new feature, say sip trunk, you may face issues (as 8 was quite buggy with SIP) and would need again, support. For a system which was dropped already so many years ago.
I do understand your position, my system works flawlessly for so many years. But shit can happen and will happen :/

Any other major vendor will do exactly the same, if not they would agree to break heads and probably a bug that would only be fixed on a newer release. You will get no licenses, they will get a headache for free and no one would end happy

Just that

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

hmm if a customers says hey i am satisfied with win XP, why is it not possible to buy these licenses. Because it is out of support and if its highly risk to use it. its the same with a pbx. you can google for voicemail hacking etc... and in R8 many security features are missing. and when it comes to sip trunking it is even more risky to have such an old system...
and yes your dealer is right, your system is so old that it is cheaper to buy the same new instead of migrating it...

greets

edit: damn too slow :)
bingo

Post by bingo »

tpietsch wrote: 07 Dec 2017 04:55 Our licenses for call by Name functionality are run out.
Our dealer told me that we have to update to 12.x which costs a lot. Alternatively we have to buy a new system.
The presumable partid which I have is 3BA09091JA.
So I am wondering if there is a chance to buy these licenses as used somewhere.
Any idea ?
Any tips are very apreciated.
Thanks a lot

Thomas
[ i know its a old post. but you can increase the call by name license upto a certain lever by using cfgupdate... shhhhh no one whants to let any one know this :) :) ]

Return to “PARTS”