PSAL Operation

Rav

PSAL Operation

Post by Rav »

hello everyone, please if you can let me know if the below PSAL operation is ok.

When the Mains Power Supply is disconnected, the Battery takes over. The Battery Voltage is around 54VDC to 57VDC. As the system starts to operate on the battery, the battery voltage drops. The PSAL keeps a check on the Battery Voltage and when the Battery Voltage drops to 47VDC, the PSAL then sends an alarm to the CPUs, CPU6 and CPU7 to properly shutdown. Please if you can confirm if this is correct.

Also since the CPU is properly shutdown with alarm from PSAL, can the databases get corrupt in a duplicated setup. My understanding is that if the systems were directly AC powered and no PSAL, then because of voltage fluctuation, then the databases would get corrupt.
Regards

Rav
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PSAL Operation

Post by vad »

1 - Battery voltage about 54VDC (57 - too much). When voltage drop below 46 V - CPU receive PSAL Alarm signal and properly shutdown.
2 - About duplicated system - not clear - if you have no PSAL - database can be corrupted (CPU will not properly stopped when you have problem with power) but why you ask about DUPLICATED system? If CPU not receive PSAL alarm - problem can be in duplicated and in not duplicated system.
Rav

Re: PSAL Operation

Post by Rav »

Thanks Vad. We had this problem on site. After Power Reset, the CPU in a duplicated configuration, ACT 28, the CPU in Slot 6 became main while the CPU in Slot 20 became the Standby. Upon checking we found that CPU 6 in slot 6 had a higher IP address than the CPU in slot 20, with a lower IP address. Also when the CPU in Slot 6 became Main, then some of extensions were dead.

Like you mentioned, I am not being able to understand how even a DC powered system with proper PSAL in place cause database corruption.

But the problem was fixed through the master copy. Please if you can help me out in here.

1. Upon Power Reset, in Crystal technology, when under IP----Preferred CS@IP(redundancy) is empty(nothing configured), then when the power comes back, both the CPU6 will start at the same time. Then the CPU with a higher IP address will become the Main - In our case it was Slot 6 CPU6 which had the IP address of 19.168.1.3 while the CPU6 in Slot 20, with the lower IP address 192.168.1.2 became the Stand-By.

2. If we configure IP----Preferred CS@IP(redundancy) = 192.168.1.2, (Slot 20 CPU6 IP Address), then after all the power resets, always the CPU6 in Slot 20 will be the Role even though the IP address is lower.

3. If you can help in here please to let me know what could be the causes for data not being properly duplicated on the Stand-By CPU6, when the extensions etc were configured from the Role.

Regards

Rav

Return to “Shelf”