CS2 bios - hd boot not work

Olaznog

CS2 bios - hd boot not work

Post by Olaznog »

I had to format a hard disk of an CS2, for this I changed the boot option (first Ethetnet)... all worked fine, but now I can´t modify the boot option, the bios do not offer the hard disk like an valid boot option. ... :?: :?:

Really, the option "hard disk" appear, but with this word "hard disk", not with a description of the disk (e.g. "Hitachi 250...") and if I select it does not save the change.

Can somebody help me?
junoooni

Re: CS2 bios - hd boot not work

Post by junoooni »

Did you managed to resolved this? I am facing same issue where i was upgrading CS2 from 11.2 to 12.2 ...installation completes successfully however, system doesnt boot through HDD anymore..
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by frank »

Did you guys reinstall from scratch ?
The upgrade from R11.2 to 12.2 requires a new partition size
Code Free Or Die
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

yes....complete reinstallation using PC Installer that came with 12.2 software (SOT doesnt seem to work at all)....

Even tried installing R11.2 back which also completed successfully but for some unknown reason, CS2 doesnt boot thru HDD, it always look for Network boot... also, in BIOS, instead of showing complete details of HDD, it just read "Hard Drive"
frank

Post by frank »

what happened when you used SOT ? Does it say the install was successful ?
Code Free Or Die
sebastian9090

Post by sebastian9090 »

I have the same broblem with 2 x CS2
Is there any solution ?
alex

Post by alex »

sebastian9090 wrote: 04 Apr 2020 08:54 Is there any solution ?
If you have working CS-2 with working HD try to mount this working HD on faulty CS and check whether it boots.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
jkariuki

Post by jkariuki »

Hi, did anyone find solution for this problem, i am facing the same problem when i tried to upgrade from release 10 to 11
mustafa.ahmad

Post by mustafa.ahmad »

it is better to give the grubboot ETHER command form root from a working HDD and then load the new release software using PC installer after the reboot of the HDD.

the changing HDD option from BIOS works during the OS loading time, after that it does not work.
jkariuki

Post by jkariuki »

Hi Mustafa, Thank you for your response but i still think there should be a way without using the grubboot ETHER, because suppose you have a new HDD without software, this should load directly using PC Installer, but in my case, after loading the software, it is not booting from the HDD. When i look at the advanced options in Bios IDE settings, i can see the model of the HDD but this is not present at the Bios Boot options. At the Bios boot option 1 is only showing as hard disk but no HDD model. I tend to think the CS-2 is not recognizing the HDD as a boot option. Is there a way of Flashing the Bios without using the Omnipcx Enterprise Cs Software? Maybe from USB?

Return to “Shelf”