Internal ARS

Felix

Internal ARS

Post by Felix »

Hi fellow Alcatel engineers,

I am having a frustrating issue using internal ARS routing.

We are using ARS to insert digits to dial internal extension numbers. For example the end customer is dialling 8000 with the actual full number dialled is 7778000 for example. The reason is we are having more than one site on the same OXE with the "same" numbers.

The ARS internal routing works fine but the issue I am having is when we dial the ARS trunk group prefix which in our case is 8. Once this is dialled it says on the display "External" but the call is not external, its internal and I'm struggling to figure out a way of removing this from the display.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks all!
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Internal ARS

Post by oldboy »

Why are you using ARS??? use Local Short Dialling prefix
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
Felix

Post by Felix »

We are using it as some of the numbers which are dialled are 4 digits and some are 5 digits, the same reason I'm unable to use speed dial ranges. If you can still use local short code dialling for this I will check it out. Thanks
Felix

Post by Felix »

Just been playing on my demo switch and I think we can use short dialling prefix. I'm going to test configure this on site and will let you know how I get on! Thanks
Felix

Post by Felix »

Actually sorry, local short dialling will not work with what we want. As this is essentially a group of "sites" on one system with the same numbers we need to use ARS to insert digits depending on the entity of the user.

Eg

User in entity 1 dials 1000
Discriminator of entity goes to real discriminator 1
This goes to ARS inserting 77
Extension dialled is 77000

User in entity 2 dials 1000
Discriminator of entity goes to real discriminator 2
This goes to ARS inserting 78
Extension dialled is 78000

Local short dialling would work a dream but it would only insert the same digits each time so we are unable to use this.

We wanted to use abbreviated numbers by range but this does not work here as well as we have extensions which begin with 1 which have both 4 and 5 digits.

The ARS configuration works and routes the numbers as we need it but its the "External" message on the display which is frustrating.
haroun

Post by haroun »

WHAT ABOUT syst/Other System Param/Attendant Parameters

Review/Modify: Attendant Parametersqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x x
x Node Number (reserved) : 1 x
x Instance (reserved) : 1 x
x Instance (reserved) : 1 x
x System_Option + Display number during conversation x
x x
x Display number during conversation + True x
x x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Due to it being an External call as you have selected a ARS prefix th only only way to change that is to change the str file and reboot but that will change all External calls display
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
Felix

Post by Felix »

Thanks for everyone's response. I've told the customer to use a leading 1 before the number and will use speed dials by range from now on. I've spoken with L3 Tech support and I do not think it can be done how we want it.

They still require "External" when dialling out so unfortunately we cannot use that either.

Strange how you can route an ARS call internally by using -1 as the trunk group but it will still show on the display as an External call!

Thanks again.

Return to “Translator”