Block an incoming call from particular DID

vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Block an incoming call from particular DID

Post by vad »

may be caller/called filtering will works with SD where calling number TG_prefix+nothing?
letacla

Post by letacla »

Good idea, I'll try this way and then you notice
letacla

Post by letacla »

Sorry for delay, I try and doesn't work
thanks anyway
pretzellogic45

Post by pretzellogic45 »

Reviving an old thread. I'm trying to block a particular caller ID. It's a nuisance call that is causing our administrators some issues. In translator/called filtered number I create directory number 22333 which is an unused number in my numbering plan. I choose entity one as all of our phones are in that entity. I go down the hierarchy to Teleservice filtering and create the directory number as the same 22333, with ISDN teleservice as Phone and Status as Day. I choose filtering index 1 and the overflow directory number as 22386, which is my extension. I am testing with my own DID number as a test.

Under speed dial numbers by range I create speed dial 0 in range 0 and call number 2404721500. That is the number I wish to block. I leave everything else default. I then go down the hierarchy to caller number filtering and create an entry with filtering index 1 and routing number 22331. That is where I want to route the calls to and it is an analog extension (ghost z) with voicemail. Finally I go to the default DID translator and route my DID number to 22333. I call from 2404721500 expecting to hear the voicemail message on 22331 but instead I am routed to the attendant. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Colin
vad

Post by vad »

Usualy problem exist in SD call number. 2404721500 in your case.
I will explain with real digits:
f.e. we have incoming Setup with Calling number 3422104000.
But we have External Calback Translation - Basic number=342, Delete=3, add=9 (we see 2104000 on display and use 9 "TG seizure prefix" for call back).

In this case for filtering we need to manage call number in SD like 92104000 (number after external callback translation and prefix!!! used in external calback translation for this!! number).
tjm0852

Post by tjm0852 »

I would love to see someone post a complete configuration example that works to filter incoming calls.
morio

Post by morio »

i think the trunk has to have ISDN services. if not the call filtering will not work at all.
sunder.J

Post by sunder.J »

Thanks VAD , I was struck and your post which pointed on external call back translator helped me to solve the issue.
vad

Post by vad »

tjm0852 wrote:I would love to see someone post a complete configuration example that works to filter incoming calls.
I play with calling/called filtering without problem. If still interesting - I can write some example.
sunder.J

Post by sunder.J »

This was my first attempt. Though I have resolved it , this works only when I put the number A91XXXXXX in speed dial. Is there a way we can over come this.

Return to “Translator”