Additional 'Collective Speed Dial's'

Oskar825806

Additional 'Collective Speed Dial's'

Post by Oskar825806 »

Hallo everyone,

I have recently taken over the managemtn of an Alcatel OmniPCX Office and am looking at adding an addition set of 'Collective Speed Dials' numbers. We currently have a range of 3xxx but would like to add 6xx.

Looking in to the 'Numbering Plans', I have reconfigured / deleted / reconfigured again the rang 600 - 699 with an index (that is baffling me :oops: ), anyway, the long and short of it is that when I then go to the 'Collective Speed Dial' listsings, I can see the entire 3xxx range but no sign of the new 6xx range.

I have read, and read, and read blogs, forums, manuals etc but can no way find out what else is required to introduce this second speed dialling list, so here I am, begging for information.

At the moment, the only information re the build that I can locate is it states R1.x ..R7.x

Any assistance greatly appreciated and naturally, any additional information needed to assist me will be provided, just let me know what :)

O.
Krusty65
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Additional 'Collective Speed Dial's'

Post by Krusty65 »

Oskar,

Think of the 'base' number as a memory address in this case

If we take the original settings of the system which is for me 8000 - 8399 base 0 this gives 400 speed dial prefixes if I want to add more then I would if I could clear out anything else in the 8xxx range to allow 8000 -8999 base 0

However if I had already done this and needed to add another range say 6xxx you would add the following

6000 - 6999 base 1000

The first range uses the memory addresses from 0 - 999 ergo the next range uses 1000 - 1999

Hope that makes sense but be aware that the total range for collective speed dials is 2200!

K.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
Oskar825806

Post by Oskar825806 »

Hallo Krusty65,

Fantastic, it's so easy when you know how. It did make sense and I have now successfully added the new 6xx range of speed dials.

I was very close to configuring 100 virtual terminals with a divert but this has saved me a lot of work.

Thank you so much for responding,

Oskar.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Finally understood the stupid OXO base concept correctly! You rock Krusty!!

Enviado de meu C6603 usando Tapatalk
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “Speed Dialing”